March 2020 PJ Charts: I Should Have Stayed At Home | Page 31 | The Popjustice Forum

March 2020 PJ Charts: I Should Have Stayed At Home

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnostalgia, Mar 12, 2020.

1. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

BUBBLIMG UMDER
    Murphy's Law | Roisin Murphy
    Cross Your Mind | Niall Horan
    I Love You's | Hailee Steinfeld
    24HRS | ITZY
    Caution | The Killers
    Gravity | Ong Seong Wu
    Delete Forever | Grimes
    Fiction Feels Good | Loreen
    Roses/Lotus/Violet/Iris | Hayley Williams
    The Other Girl | Kelsea Ballerini & Halsey

Maki, soratami, Kuhleezi and 22 others like this.
  2. 7/10 songs from my chart made the cut this month which is a great showing for me. But how did The Other Girl not make the charts?! So good.

aux and ohnostalgia like this.
  3. 2 of my choices made it to the Top 5, 6 of my choices made it to Top 40 overall. That said, I considered 3 other tracks that made it in too, and I've become a fan of Break Up Song too. I didn't vote for Kings & Queens, but I did enjoy the guitar on that.

My track choices that didn't make it in.

8 Perfume - Challenger
    3 Grimes - Delete Forever
    2 Daoi Freyr - Think About Things
    1 Bat For Lashes - Kids in the Dark

I mean, no Delete Forever?!? I ate that up at the Watch Together, TWICE! Also considered Little Big, but I'm glad I knew that wouldn't get in!

4. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Poor The Mamas and Tamar Braxton, though.

@Robsolete / @berserkboi, did you not vote for Vanessa Amorosi?

5. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

So the only things left to do are create the playlist and reveal the ballots. Those will be coming in the next few days.

I would like to take the time to give some shout outs to some very special people. First of all, thank you to @aux. I wouldn't have been able to host this month without you. I really mean it. And thank you for always checking in with me and telling me to slow down when I wanted to take too much on. The next person is @londonrain. You're always checking in with me to see how I'm doing and you don't know how much that means. Once I'm feeling better I'll be back to returning the favour, I promise. @Slice of Life- what could I possibly say? I'm literally tearing up right now thinking about how much your friendship means to me. When you said you were worried for me, it helped me remember I'm not just a machine here to churn out charts. There's an actual person behind the username @ohnostalgia and her wellbeing matters too.

And finally, thank you to all the voters. I loved spending nine hours with some of you on watch2gther. I appreciate all your votes, even the ones I strongly disagree with. Thank you everybody who asks how I'm doing when they submit their ballots. I always remember that, even if I don't always have the energy to reply back.

Well my mom found me crying again, so I need to go. I told her it was a happy cry. I promise it was.

6. I didn't realise anyone else would be. I voted for her in February when she did Australia decides though.

7. Lila

Lila Staff Member

Oh darling! Please know you can always send me a message any time. We all appreciate everything you do.

GimmeWork, Kuhleezi, vague and 5 others like this.
  8. Okay I get that it was huge release month filled with stuff, and there are even some songs that I'm annoyed with myself for forgetting...but no Hayley? On either chart? For anything? I'm severely disappointed. Extremely disappointed Aly & AJ didn't chart a second month as well.
    Well, at least someone out there was trying with me. To be fair, I understand some of y'all are annoyed with the rollout, and aren't listening to everything, but to make up for this in April, I would absolutely love it if y'all listened to and voted for this:

It may actually be the best one she's released so far, with uplifting lyrics I think we could all use right now, and a euphoric synth pop chorus. Please join me in this.
    Awwwwww <3 <3 <3 sending lots of love! Everything you do is so wonderful and we all appreciate every bit of it.

9. Sorry I haven’t been contributing much but it’s been a rough weekend with my mum but I’m happy Dua topped the charts again.

@ohnostalgia Sending hugs and please take care.

GimmeWork, Kuhleezi, RUNAWAY and 8 others like this.
  10. I am SO happy this made Top 3!!!!!! The joy I felt when I first saw it reminded me why I love this forum. Thanks @ohnostalgia for all you do for us and please know we’re all here for you! And thanks to @aux for your wonderful work this month!

11. aux

aux

Let me be real for a second here. There's no need to thank me.

As I've said to you in PMs, I did this for you because I know how overwhelming running a rate is. For those of you who have done it, you know exactly what I'm saying. I don't want you to burn out, as you said, you're an actual human being not just a name on a screen. You don't owe us anything keeping these incredible charts running all year round, every single month. You do it because you have a genuine passion for this and the people who send their ballots every month. I really admire that. Especially after seeing the amount of work there is involved with running this and how much you care about every single voter.

We all care about you and your wellbeing, and you know my PMs are always open whether you just want to talk about how brilliant The Con is, your disappointment with Lover, just need a chat about your day, need help entering scores or want to trash talk the ballots from some voters.

Thank you for letting me help you! I loved every minute of it, especially terrorising the voters with Animal Crossing villagers with guns, and the watch2gether, that was amazing - even if I wasn't there for the full 9 hours you did!

12. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

Love u unnie ♡♡♡
    [​IMG]

Kuhleezi, Serg., evilsin and 10 others like this.
  13. I know I speak for a lot of us when I say this is one of the highlights I look forward to in the month, so thank you @ohnostalgia (and @aux!). The time and passion you put into this does not go unnoticed.

14. WANNABE is such a major bop. That double chorus is a complete storm.

I'm listening to Break Up Song and it's cute. I would have swapped Cool with it for a perfect top 5.

Kuhleezi, vague, berserkboi and 2 others like this.
  15. I gave this 5 points, could you guys, please, check.

16. You're so amazing for doing these charts every month. Thank you so much♥

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  17. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

The points listed add up to 95, but the total listed is 100, so I assume @ohnostalgia just forgot to put your name down and it makes zero difference to the song's placing or points total.

18. Still hurts being forgotten *sniff sniff*

19. Spotlight deserved to be #1. I'm just happy the top 20 isn't all Dua.

20. aux

aux

Yep, this is the case. @evilsin you're in the spreadsheet, so it doesn't make a difference x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.