March Popjustice Charts - Reveal starts after 8pm BST | The Popjustice Forum

March Popjustice Charts - Reveal starts after 8pm BST

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by SophiaSophia, Mar 14, 2017.

1. pjchARTS COVER.jpg

Whilst our official charts are being conquered by one man who is causing an divide of opinions about rules and single and album formats from music lovers. The Popjustice Chart couldn't be any more different this chart has no divide (unless you vote for it of course) when it comes to formats. We embrace this modern day of music listening it doesn't matter if you stream, download, purchase CDs or Vinyl or do a combination whatever songs or albums are your favourites this month will make up the chart. The choice is yours what to include in your personal charts as long as you stick to the rules. It's not compulsory to send both album and song charts, you can do just do one chart of your preferred choice. This chart is made up by your personal charts and the songs and albums that make up the Popjustice Chart have the highest points. As devised originally by @DJHazey who is taking a break from hosting duties so a number of us have decided to take up the mantel this month is my turn.​

PJCHARTRULES.png

1. Send a chart ranked #1 to #10 for songs and #1 to #5 for albums in a PM to @SophiaSophia .

2. The albums can be full length, EP, compilations and even unreleased albums the choice is yours.

3. The songs can be singles, album tracks, demos, or anything you want.

4. The songs and albums can be released whenever, but releases within the past 6 months or so have the best chance to make a chart.

5. The charts should be what you've been listening to in the past month. (Last.FM/iTunes play counts are a big help for this)

6. Your #1 ranked song gets 10 points and your #1 ranked album gets 5.

7. The total points earned builds the chart.

8. Ties are broken by # of voters, then by quality of votes received, and are left as a tie if we still can't break parity.

9. You can have whatever commentary you'd like with your votes. However, live commentary will only be posted for things that make the official chart. (The rest will be posted at the end)

10. The top five songs make next year's rate.

vote.png

1. Sorry no Google forms this month cause I'm a control freak that likes to do everything myself.

2. Send your charts in a SINGLE PM to me @SophiaSophia, not @DJHazey or anybody else.

3. Make sure it's titled clearly preferably with the month included and make sure you title your charts clearly too.

4. I'll remind everyone a week before the deadline by tagging in the thread and then sending PMs a few days before the deadline. You can use the PM reminder to send your charts just by replying.

Songs
    1. Katy Perry feat Skip Marley - Chained To The Rhythm
    2. Lana Del Ray - Love
    3. MUNA - I Know A Place
    4. MUNA - Crying On The Bathroom Floor
    5. Lady Gaga - John Wayne
    6. MUNA - So Special
    7. Julia Michaels - Issues
    8. Bebe Rexha - I Got You
    9. MUNA - Loudspeaker
    10. Goldfrapp - Anymore
    11. Zayn & Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever
    12. MUNA - Everything
    13. MUNA - Winterbreak
    14. Little Mix - Touch
    15. Passion Pit - Somewhere Up There
    16. Dua Lipa - Be The One
    17. Carly Rae Jepsen and Lil Yachty - It Takes Two
    18. Carly Rae Jepsen - The One
    20. Bebe Rexha - Gateway Drug
    20. Tove Lo - True Disaster

Albums
    1. MUNA - About U
    2. Lady Gaga - Joanne
    3. Beyoncé - Lemonade
    4. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman
    5. Kehlani - SWEETSEXYSAVAGE
    6. Carly Rae Jepsen - E•MO•TION Side B
    7. Shura - Nothing's Real
    8. Austra - Future Politics
    8. Cher Lloyd - Sorry I'm Late
    10. The xx - I See You

Allie X - That's So Us
    Beyoncé & Dixie Chicks - Daddy Lessons
    Britney Spears feat Tinashe - Slumber Party
    Carly Rae Jepsen - Higher
    Charli XCX - After The Afterparty
    Dua Lipa - Blow Your Mind (Mwah)
    Goldfrapp - Anymore
    Katy Perry feat Skip Marley - Chained To The Rhythm
    Lady Gaga - Dancin' In Circles
    Lady Gaga - John Wayne
    Lady Gaga - Perfect Illusion
    Lana Del Rey - Love
    Little Mix - No More Sad Songs
    Little Mix - Shout Out To My Ex
    Little Mix - Touch
    MUNA - I Know A Place
    MUNA - Crying on the Bathroom Floor
    Serebro - My Money
    Solange - Cranes In The Sky
    SZA - Drew Barrymore
    The Weeknd - Secrets
    The xx - Say Something Loving
    Tinashe - Ghetto Boy
    Zara Larsson - Ain't My Fault
    Zayn & Taylor Swift - I Don’t Wanna Live Forever

HOSTING QUEUE

@Petty Mayonnaise (April)
    @Alouder98 (May)
    @2014 (June)
    @Animalia (July)
    @HeartSwells (August)
    @constantino (September)
    @ThisIsRogue (October)
    @ohnostalgia (November)

DEADLINE: 2nd April Midnight BST (I want to include the last New Music Friday for this month)
    Reveal: 3rd & 4th April

2. I can't wait to vote for all the most bubblegum Charli songs.

Posh Spears and DJHazey like this.
  3. Love the banner @SophiaSophia and obviously part of the game this month too.

DJHazey likes this.
  4. I'm glad I've got some time to send my charts in.

5. It's all about Steps so far for me!

[​IMG]

Derek, iheartpoptarts and 2014 like this.
  6. Albums-wise mine is probably going to consist of Charli XCX, Maren Morris (again) and the new Take That album if it's any good.

Songs-wise? God knows. There's been so much good stuff that I can hardly keep up.

7. My albums are all going to be ABBA. #rateimpact

8. Poor Amelia Lily.

[​IMG]

9. I understand, but I go by what Last.FM tells me and it would be impossible for anyone to surpass the ABBA albums when I had to play the songs many times each before sending in the votes.

10. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

PJers who aren't 100% misandry all the time, vote for Khalid!

11. My entire song chart will be the ten songs from Number 1 Angel. But y'all will be Sorry if you pay dust to the two albums in my rate xx

constantino likes this.
  12. I'm thinking Green Light will walk this, but I hope not. All it did was make me play Team a few more times.

13. Are we voting Goldfrapp this month or next though?

14. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Lorde, Ralph and Steps will consume my list, with a bit of Tkay and Dami thrown in too xx

15. Oops I might have to kick a Charli song off my chart to make room for Tinashe's Flame.

16. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I would hope Green Light easily takes this but there's a suspicious number of people who don't like anything vaguely indie here. Not that it's very indie but..

17. Have you heard it?? There's no need.

18. Yes I have.

19. Green Light is flawless, but I better not be the only one voting for Liability.

20. Yassss Betty come thru with those flawless basic bops!!! For your March consideration

saviodxl, Reboot and CorgiCorgiCorgi like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.