Maren Morris - GIRL | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Maren Morris - GIRL

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Beginner, Jan 19, 2018.

1. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Who the hell are Grey by the way and what do they do? They look straight out of some Tim Burton movie.

lushLuck likes this.
  2. Came here to post exactly this. It’s just Stay rebranded with a new singer.

Still, a bop is a bop.

3. Yas, get that trendy hit Maren! I was honestly taken aback by how the verses are written, in a not so generic way.

Like, I don't know what I'm trying to say but I'm bopping so haaay.

4. I’m losing
    My wig
    Just a little

5. It's just Stay with a more exciting vocal, and I'm here for it.

aniraz, thefaceofyou and xOJakeXo like this.
  6. More than anything I’m reminded of how fucking perfect Maren is. Such an expressive voice! Her debut has modern production under the country elements so this feels so natural for her. She makes what would be a typical Zedd track 10x better.

7. I would hate this song if it were any other singer, but Maren infuses it with such personality, it's hard to resist.

8. I want the chorus melody to pop off a bit more, but Maren makes a convincing EDM hook girl!

2014 and lushLuck like this.
  9. It's decent and she sounds really good but composition-wise it does come off like a slightly incomplete-feeling rehash of Stay, sorry.

10. It's literally Stay rehashed to a marketing brief from Target.

“‘The Middle,’ which is the name of the song, is exactly where you land when you hit the center of the Target bullseye. We’ve had a lot of fun playing with that idea—the middle of the Target bullseye—as we’ve been working on the creative that will help bring this effort to life,” Target’s chief marketing officer Rick Gomez tells PEOPLE.

But I'd still bop to it each time the Target ad comes on TV. If I lived in the US. And watched TV.

11. [​IMG]

12. In Hero news:

13. Wig at HERO still spawning singles a whole two years after the Grammy-winning lead. An enduring, timeless classic [​IMG]

Yet still none for “Sugar”

[​IMG]

14. Agreed that The Middle sounds like a rehash of Stay, but I don't really care because the song is damn good and Maren sounds fantastic in it. Also, is it just me who thinks that she sounds like Camila in this song?

15. Maybe because she was originally on it.

16. I'm a bit sad about the lack of writing credit for Maren, but I guess she had no hand in "Stay", though...

17. I know it's basic as all get out, but I can't get enough of this.

nooniebao, TRAVVV and 2014 like this.
  18. I love her voice so much.

nooniebao, TRAVVV and 2014 like this.
  19. I detest "Stay", yet I love "The Middle". How?!

Mirwais Ahmadzaï and lushLuck like this.
  20. I'm in the exact same boat. This is the song Stay wanted - and failed - to be.

Mirwais Ahmadzaï and Conan like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.