Maren Morris - GIRL | Page 31 | The Popjustice Forum

Maren Morris - GIRL

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Beginner, Jan 19, 2018.

1. I can’t at the birth of a child proving the glacial pace at which a female country artist is allowed to have a hit single in the US.

2. This chart run is so iconic addffsagkhhdg

3. The way this joke from a few weeks ago no longer looks like a joke.

4. Immortal smash.

5. Maren Morris achieving a Top 10 single is another #2020things moment if there ever was.

6. The Bones are literally what we're going to be by the time this peaks

7. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

It just occurred to me that we haven't had any updates in a while... did this really end up missing the Top 10? What a bummer.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  8. It was #15 last week and is projected to be #16 this week with 2 new songs debuting in front of it. It’s still growing at pop radio but other formats have started to drop it so short of another remix I’m not sure it’ll go top 10, sadly.

9. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

The fact that we already had to deal with Dua spending half a year in the UK Top 10 and never hitting #1 and now this

[​IMG]

10. The Bones is now the longest running solo female #1 on the Hot Country Charts at 11 weeks, beating the 10-week run of We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.

Additionally, she has topped 15M monthly listeners on Spotify putting her past some of her other country contemporaries.

I also had no idea she was planning an amphitheatre tour in the US this year. It got postponed to next year. She was so great on the GIRL tour I think I'm snatching tickets now

11. She was gonna announce European dates too but the whole thing got pushed before she could.

12. Maren just quietly doing reigning at number one. Love that for her.

And yes, get tickets to her concert! She is fantastic live and her band is awesome. Saw her twice last year and had a great time both times. Also, hearing 80s Mercedes and My Church live is something that any Maren fan should experience once in their lifetime.

13. I'm absolutely going, the show I was at last April was magical and I went as a casual fan. Now I'm really into her and GIRL is still on heavy rotation

bleedingheart80 likes this.
  14. True CountryJustice!

15. The replies....I hate it here. But I take solace in knowing that all of these racist clowns are going to continue hearing Maren every time they turn their radios on and seethe.

nooniebao, Beginner, Island and 11 others like this.
  16. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I'm so proud of her for being vocal (it's not just that tweet, she's been sharing/retweeting a lot of things), because I can only imagine the amount of a shit a country star has to deal with when it comes to speaking up. (Actually I don't have to imagine, I can see it in the comments).

The fact that my Instagram feed is flooded with photos and videos of the protests and the Black Lives Matter movement, and Carrie Underwood is in the middle of it promoting her athletics line and not saying shit about anything else... silence really does speak volumes. Good on Maren for doing the right thing, and I hope the newer generation of country stars know who to seek inspiration from.

17. Hero is a classic. I will never get tired listening to that album.

2014 and lushLuck like this.
  18. Hero really is a modern classic.

The fact that we have a country singer tweeting about defunding the police... I cannot stan any harder. I will buy the next album ten times.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.