Maren Morris - GIRL | Page 33 | The Popjustice Forum

Maren Morris - GIRL

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Beginner, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Queen has the rednecks seething again while she spends a 15th week at #1 on the country charts. I’m buying 57 of copies her next album.

Jacques, heavymetalGAGA, R27 and 19 others like this.
  2. Why is the #tolerant #accepting or #loving sending me. Boomers should stay off Twitter

3. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

Remember when poor thing was like "To Hell & Back coming to a radio station near you soon!" in February ajsdflasdf

It's about to be 1 year since The Bones was released to country radio (August 26, 2019) and it's still #40 on the Hot 100 dd

4. Probably why To Hell and Back is underperforming at Radio, The Bones is still getting a lot of play.

5. To Hell and Back just wasn't a good choice of a single teebs, not when they could've easily pushed RSVP, Common or All My Favorite People

6. I'm shook that she hasn't moved on from "To Hell & Back", I'm ready for "RSVP" or "A Song for Everything" as the next single.

lushLuck likes this.
  7. Would RSVP work for Country Radio? All My Favorite People sounds like the only viable choice to me unless they’re preparing for an even more pop-leaning third album.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  8. I was hoping it would be her crossover moment! I’m prepared for her 1989.

lushLuck and nooniebao like this.
  9. GIRL is a pop record with only a couple of country songs if we’re being honest. It’ll be interesting to see what direction she goes in sonically and thematically.

Espeon, lushLuck and Jersey like this.
  10. My main disappointment with this album was that it didn't quite live up to what she delivered with Hero. It felt more complacent and a lot of the tracks blend into one for me. Some more variety on the third will be more than welcome!

11. More Kathleen Edwards co-writes would be welcome!

12. 2014

2014 Staff Member

GIRL is a strong album, but there's no real big highlights.

13. Girl... The Bobby Bones Show.

Beginner, lushLuck and Subwaykid like this.
  14. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

GIRL did seem to be stuck between pop and country and sort of ended up feeling safe and anonymous as a result. Hero was brimming with personality and charisma, and while it's still there on some of GIRL's highlights, overall it's just a little blander than what I was expecting from Hero's follow-up.

I still think it's a pretty good album, but hopefully there's a bit more focus on the next one.

15. Yes - and stream Total Freedom!!

16. The label is moving on from To Hell And Back and testing two songs: All My Favorite People and...Just For Now. Testing went out via email this week to people on Rate the Music.

Maren apparently wants All My Favourite People, label wants Just For Now with a quiet physical repackage to boost album sales going into the holidays per a member on Pulse.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2020
  17. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.