Maren Morris - GIRL | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Maren Morris - GIRL

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Beginner, Jan 19, 2018.

1. We love a hit!

Bobbyrae, Island, tj-x and 5 others like this.
  2. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This is also doing quite well in the UK too, just reached #18 last Friday! I still really love it.

Blob and lushLuck like this.
  3. Crossover Queen. Niall better release Seeing Blind next. Maybe she can solidify her pop radio presence and she can go full Shania on her next album nn.

Island, tj-x, ohnostalgia and 7 others like this.
  4. Another short demo snippet:

Sounds like this album is going to be a lot more R&B than Hero was.

nooniebao, tj-x, Andy French and 4 others like this.
  5. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I'm so hyped!

lushLuck likes this.
  6. Dddd yas jump ship from misogynist ass country radio altogether, queen.

7. If that's the case then I hope she and Alicia Keys get on that collaboration already. I keep saying this, but they really should re-record Once as a duet and release that as a single.

lushLuck likes this.
  8. I really don't mind at all what genre she does because I have total faith she'll sIay whatever she picks.

9. This is gonna be number 2 this week on the Hot 100!!!!!! Has a really good chance of going number 1 in the next few weeks!!!
    So fucking deserved!!!

2014, Bobbyrae, Blob and 7 others like this.
  10. Omg Maren's seriously about to become a big pop girl?!

She better have a smash single waiting for when this starts to die down and not disappear for the rest of the year.

Utopia, Bobbyrae, Island and 4 others like this.
  11. It’s just behind Finesse and gaining but not fast enough for this week. So all going well, it will be number one next week. It’s radio updates are huge!

What are the chances they could service Rich to pop radio in the US? Or even I Could Use A Love Song? Even Just Another Thing? They totally deserve to be huge, and it looks like it’ll be awhile before the next album. Why not try and push a song or two from Hero.

lushLuck likes this.
  12. If they want a bop for pop radio, Sugar is right there.

tj-x, lushLuck and notyourmate like this.
  13. All this is doing is inspiring me to listen to album again.

Whew Queen did that perfection!

MollieSwift21 and lushLuck like this.
  14. Drunk Girls Don't Cry is that relatable bop waiting to smash.

MollieSwift21, Subwaykid and lushLuck like this.

15. WHY is this not on Hero? It's bloody brilliant.

bleedingheart80 likes this.
  16. Maybe not the right place for this but Hero is such an excellent album (is there a thread for it?). I'm really interested in seeing what she does next. I love how The Middle is taking off too.

17. It’s so fucking satisfying hearing local radio presenters announce Maren Morris on the radio. Never thought I’d hear her in the radio here. I do wonder if they’ll latch onto her over here after The Middle? I hope they atleast give her a chance.

lushLuck likes this.
  18. Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  19. I adore these videos! Absolutely fascinating to watch. One of the demo takes must be the Bebe version, but the others are too quick for me to say. Really proves how indescript so many of the current pop gals vocals are. It’s also interesting to me that Zedd seemingly just acted as a vocal producer on the song - and to learn who/what a Grey are.

20. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.