Mariah Carey - #Butterfly25 + General Discussion | Page 1159 | The Popjustice Forum

Mariah Carey - #Butterfly25 + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sabrina, Jan 31, 2007.

1. The promo mix of 'Miss You Most' has got to be coming to streaming soon then? Christmas miracle!

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  2. I’ve never heard any of the Joy remixes so this is exciting!

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  3. So pleased to heat about this EP, love Joy To The World, the 25th anniversary release of Merry Christmas could have had much more of these on it I think.

TRAVVV likes this.
  4. So in preparation of Mariah's Christmas albums taking as my life soundtrack in a few days, I made a cover for Merry Christmas using the All I Want For Christmas Is You cover image.

Screenshot 2021-10-22 at 21.57.10.png

5. Thanks for putting this on streaming but let us know what happened to #MC30 really.

Also with her having 15 projects from Christmas to that rock album I think it's time for any kind of official announcement now really. Although I am not seeing her putting out a new album in 2021 anymore. Get that early 2022 coin Queen.

Also my Mariah experts. Was the Celebration version of Joy a single or just a random remix?

If You Go likes this.
  6. It was released as a promo in 94 and then as as a single* the following Christmas in 1995 to further promote the album. But both the original and remix were released the same time.

*in Australia

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
    theincredibleflipper likes this.
  7. Thank you. It's just that my best friend and I did an official Mariah rating and sometimes it's a struggle to decide what needs to be in that definite list but I tend to include all remixes with new vocals and stuff while he is more a 'it had to be an album track or promo single at least' approach. But even with that POV I will be able to force this into our personal canon.

8. it has its own video it totally counts!

theincredibleflipper likes this.
  9. Somehow passed me by when I made the original list of everything that needs to be rated. So good day today I always get so excited when we have new songs to put in our silly lists.

10. For years, I've been obsessed with this adlib for 'joooOOOYYYY' - such a Mariahism.

And again, live.

Still mad the whole performance of the remix is not available.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
  11. 19CC46E0-E542-403A-945E-C1A674EAE831.jpeg

Queen of Halloween

Larsen, Rei Ayanami, Indigo and 2 others like this.
  12. I'm going to need her to do a whole album of songs like Meteorite and You Don't Know What To Do, two of her very best bops. Me I Am Mariah is very patchy but it houses some really special tracks.

13. I agree about Me I Am being patchy, never understood the praise for it at all. The albums either side of it are far superior.

14. I mean wow. Legend behavior. Babe has never swung a bat in her life.

Also, did 11/5 flash on there? Hmm?

15. She came. She saw. She smashed.

Can’t wait to see what she offers this year. I don’t expect too much but a vinyl of the Apple special and her version of Where Are You Christmas really should happen please.

16. "Fall In Love at Christmas" has a hashtag emoji - new song title?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.