Mariah Carey - #Butterfly25 + General Discussion | Page 1212 | The Popjustice Forum

Mariah Carey - #Butterfly25 + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sabrina, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Praying for some outakes to be released, I can't believe nothing else from the Butterfly sessions has surfaced whatsoever.

2. I’m ready for Butterfly25.

3. I guess we won't get an physical re issue of it considering we had the 2017 picture disc for it's 20th and then then the 2020 vinyl release as part of the MC30 campaign.

4. I guess it will depend on what the celebration ends up being. There has been a lot of reference to the Butterfly Lounge which has led to new versions of songs. I could see any new recordings being released in physical formats. Of course I would happily buy up another rerelease of the original album alongside any demos, remixes, re-recordings...really anything with additional content!

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  5. I will 100% take any era celebrations we can get but it does sting a little that we’ve reached Butterfly25 without a Glitter20.

6. I wonder if Don't Go Looking for Love was fully recorded/finished. That is a Butterfly leftover, right?

7. When she skipped over Glitter during MC30 I figured it was because she was planning something for it's 20th anniversary and then September came around and nothing...

Isobel, Maria and Womanizer like this.
  8. Justice for Glitter 2.0 is needed, the lack of a vinyl pains.

9. Yes, mad how Glitter was glossed over both for MC30 and then it's 20th. Even more so when she knows how beloved and a fan favourite album it is.

dangeleyes, Maria and If You Go like this.
  10. London lambs! -

Overdose, Carlo and Holly Something like this.
  11. I've still not ever seen this so I might have to go...

EDIT: TICKETS BOOKED!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
    ElusiveChanteuse likes this.
  12. Sitting here reflecting how insanely good The Distance is, now there's a song that should have been top of the Billboard charts for 16 weeks.

Skrillex and Poo Bear really did that, those crunchy drums and Mariah's sensual, blissful vocals.

HolyWater, Cordyceps, Rob and 24 others like this.
  13. W2K

W2K

One of my favourite Mimi songs. Absolute bliss.

GimmeWork, Overdose and Maria like this.
  14. She'll have to hurry for Butterfly25 then cos the Mariah festive season isn't that far away.

15. If we get nothing, than be gutted. Fingers crossed.

16. I feel like it's still too recent of a song to claim as much, but it just might be my favorite Mariah track. I'm actually incapable of not instantly replaying it each time it comes on. It's an absolutely stunning piece of work.

achilles, Vasilios and TRAVVV like this.
  17. Keep going back to this it was such a special moment, Olivia will be so missed

GimmeWork, Lapras, Krissykins and 8 others like this.
  18. Mariah's tweets following Olivia's passing, were so lovely too.

GimmeWork, will82, Maria and 2 others like this.
  19. LPT and An Insider like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.