Mariah Carey - Caution | Page 37 | The Popjustice Forum

Mariah Carey - Caution

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by man.tis.shrimp, Apr 10, 2017.

1. I like that it seems she's adapting her studio vocals to suit what she can do live now. Her voice is just so rich and timeless. There will never be another Mimi.

londonrain likes this.
  2. I know it's not right for her and more than that, it probably wouldn't happen... but I'm so curious to hear what a pure pop Mariah album would sound like these days. A couple of tracks produced by Max Martin would be intriguing (you know, when he's Dangerous Woman good, not Witness bad).

londonrain likes this.
  3. "With You" sounds lovely. Bring on midnight.

londonrain and Voicething like this.
  4. Indeed, it's a style she seems very well suited and happy to and the extra confidence is coming across so well as a result.

londonrain likes this.
  5. What time is this dropping UK time?

6. Wait... this is coming today/tonight? Fuck yes!

LP likes this.
  7. 5am!

LP likes this.
  8. What a lovely surprise! Soundtrack my journey to what's bound to be quite a shit meeting, Queen.

9. Don’t do a @Sam de Jour hook up like that.

TRAVVV likes this.
  10. excuse you

push the button likes this.
  11. Max Martin does vocal production and writes melodies. Mariah has those bases covered.

HappyBirthday, LP and colouroffensive like this.
  12. Chained to the Rhythm, Roulette, Witness, and Bon Appétit are all good though?

Andy French likes this.
  13. Mariah on Bon Appétit would be something.

Rem, snoho, LP and 3 others like this.
  14. I’m late to her listening party.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    LP, Island and Vasilios like this.
  15. I'm moist, give us deets please!

LP likes this.
  16. Album reminds me of TEOM. The song with a famous sample and famous 90s rappers (see Twitter) is like SIO on steroids — really uptempo, bigger vox, sounds like a huge hit. I love “With You.” “Portr***s (of my life)” sounds like “Camoflauge” if it were on Butterfly. She confirmed date.

_920608, sexercise, Rem and 6 others like this.
  17. ”With You” is my fav MC beat ballad since WBT btw. Mustard on the beat ho. Crowd loved it.

Euphoria likes this.
  18. Yay! I know we share a love for Circles, so this is very exciting news!

goldsoundz likes this.
  19. Anything that's reminiscent of Stay the Night? I'm so ready for this album!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.