Mariah Carey - General Discussion + #MC30 | Page 1053 | The Popjustice Forum

Mariah Carey - General Discussion + #MC30

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sabrina, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Is there any chance of Oh Santa! getting #1? I see her getting a Top 5 placing but not sure about the coveted top spot.

Andrew.L likes this.
  2. No.

Lapras, Fanatical, Espeon and 2 others like this.
  3. Listening to the live recordings included on Merry Christmas 25 last year, and this really is Mimi vocal perfection.

4. Not a chance as it stands because of the deal with Apple, Spotify have completely ignored adding it to any playlists so unless they change that next week when the soundtrack is available everywhere she has no chance of this having any impact without their support

londonrain likes this.
  5. I don’t get it either :s

upu likes this.
  6. Radio 1 are looking for a female UK lamb to speak about Mariah potentially being #1 this weekend if that fits anyone here? Let me know

Andrew.L likes this.
  7. Mariah doesn't age like the rest of us, 25 years is only 2 to her dahhling xx

londonrain and Madaboutmusic like this.
  8. Interesting! She kinda made a comment that if ever, the actress should have "range", which if she means, vocal range, I think that isn't... possible dddd or to be less dramatic, difficult to find. But, I think they should prioritize it being a good actress and kind of look alike, instead of a great singer. Can't they just dub her singing voice?

9. I'm not really a fan of the idea of movie adaptation at this stage. I would let the book breathe for awhile first.

10. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

How does this work with an actual Greatest Hits also being part of the 4-album-deal though?

11. There isn’t and it’s fine honestly. I’ll just wait until 2035.

londonrain, lushLuck and Espeon like this.
  12. Doesn’t really contradict any of what I said. Sony wanted to make her GH album a compilation of her #1’s. Mariah said ‘You can do that, but call it #1’s’.

Whether she was past caring by the time Greatest Hits came out, or if she was deeply involved in the track list, the point stands that she didn’t allow them to release a compilation excluding many of her favourite singles under that title.

londonrain, Womanizer and ohaimanabu like this.
  13. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Oh I didn't mean it that way.. Just wondered how there would ever have been any intent for a 'normal' Greatest Hits back in 1998 if another one was already planned for a few years later. Though I guess by that time we were several singles further on

14. I assume they didn’t plan for the 2001 Greatest Hits until they had decided on #1’s?

Mvnl likes this.
  15. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Ah yeah the 'plan for 4 more albums' might have been a hindsight summary of what they were instead of the concrete plan at the time.. that makes sense

16. Speaking of #1's, I wish we will get a vinyl re issue of that divine artwork one day.

TRAVVV, Butterfly and Anthboy1 like this.
  17. UK Midweeks - Tueesday Update
    Missing Data: Spotify and YouTube (both for Monday)

Singles

1 Mariah Carey - All I Want for Christmas Is You (25.5k)
    2 Wham! - Last Christmas (22.9k)
    3 The Pogues feat. Kirsty MacColl - Fairytale of New York (17.9k)
    4 Ariana Grande - positions (17.1k)
    5 Shakin' Stevens - Merry Christmas Everyone (16.5k)

Leopold, Mr.Arroz, Robert and 19 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.