Mariah Carey - General Discussion + #MC30 | Page 1071 | The Popjustice Forum

Mariah Carey - General Discussion + #MC30

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sabrina, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Her best artwork I think.

2. Feel like such a flop fan, but never seen this version before. Quite like it as well.

londonrain likes this.
  3. I would've loved this as a cover for the Rainbow reissue

Mariah.jpg

maikos87, soratami, Mr.Arroz and 11 others like this.
  4. This looks amazing in the vinyl gatefold.

5. Oh, it’s inside the gatefold? I’ll have to buy the vinyl!

Lapras and djmakemewet like this.
  6. Sure is, made Rainbow even more fabulous.

Lapras and LeBratt like this.
  7. Maybe I'm in the minority here but I kinda hate the actual Rainbow cover. It's camp as fuck and I like the idea of it more than the execution. Love the album and art direction for the era overall though!

8. Rainbow looks the best of the vinyls framed too I think.

Lapras, LeBratt, Espeon and 1 other person like this.
  9. So many All I Want For Christmas 12” has been lost in the post! I don’t suppose anyone has a spare copy they’d sell?

Hopefully they pull them out again next year.

10. My black vinyl copy of "Mimi" was delivered today. Minus the f*ck up on the front cover, it's truly beautiful.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Having my first listen to the Daydream vinyl, it sounds gorgeous!

12. Do we know why she stopped working with Benny Medina as manager? Was it because he went back to working with JLo?

13. It is indeed and damn, it’s everything! Come get your copy.

[​IMG]

14. What is the drama about the Mimi vinyl? Did some people get gold instead of clear? I ordered from Sound of Vinyl and got clear as advertised.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  15. The European clear pressings are as normal.

The US Mariah Store clear has been shipped as gold.
    The Urban Outfitters US gold has been shipped as clear.

This is bad news for those of us who bought both the clear from The Sound Of Vinyl & have imported the 'gold' from Urban Outfitters!

16. Yes, basically they advertised ‘clear’ on her website and you’re getting gold actually. Whereas Urban Outfitters has been selling ‘limited’ gold pressing only to send clear to people (I don’t blame them specifically, there was clearly an issue on the manufacturing/distribution side). It’s all a huge mess and fans are fuming because the gold one happens to be even more rare now by default.
    It’s only about US orders. The European ones are fine, like yours.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    maverick_79 likes this.

17. This is one of my favorite pictures of Mariah. Gorgeous!! Would be a PERFECT alternate cover for Rainbow.

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  18. It wouldn’t because the format doesn’t go with a cover. You’d cut too much off of her legs and hair. If they would have more of the rainbow and stuff to make it square Mariah would be a bit too small impacting the power of the picture. It is a fantastic picture but just wouldn’t work as a cover.

londonrain, Push and LeBratt like this.
  19. This is just, wow.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.