Mariah Carey - General Discussion + #MC30 | Page 1126 | The Popjustice Forum

Mariah Carey - General Discussion + #MC30

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sabrina, Jan 31, 2007.

1. So like I randomly got another copy of Emancipation of Mimi on vinyl in the mail.

I’m gonna assume her webstore knew they messed up and sent the wrong color variants out the first time? Cuz this time I got the Clear vinyl I originally purchased.

Carlo, _hazzie_, LPT and 2 others like this.
  2. That sure is random, good random, but random none the less.

ohaimanabu likes this.
  3. I think her US store is sending out clear for everyone who ordered clear but not gold.

Us gold purchasers from UO got clear & dust!!

4. I've become a bit obsessed lately with this song and all the various remixes of it:

Just adore it all round, from the video (how stunning does she look in it?!), the single cover (one of my all time favourite photos of Mariah) and the fact she also recorded it as touching tribute to Brenda K Starr, the woman who helped kickstart her getting her record deal and break in the industry. Not only that, it's just a great 90s Mariah ballad and yet another fantastic cover/interpretation.

Also, this Top Of The Pos performance which uses the Morales Radio mix, gives me life each time!

5. And also, think it would be rude quite frankly NOT to post that single artwork in all its glory:
    [​IMG]

6. Loved hearing 'Anytime You Need A Friend' in the latest episode of Pose

7. Love Takes Time being played in the last season, was such a moment.

TRAVVV, londonrain, GimmeWork and 7 others like this.
  8. I always wondered whether the I Still Believe are pitched up, to match the original version...they sound a bit squeaky compared to her Butterfly vocals.

9. Not her second vaccination being just as iconic as the first!

Screaming at the “medical narrative” and the lighting comment!

10. The. Icon.

Legend, Goddess, Queen.

Greatest Of All Times.

superglowy and LPT like this.
  11. 25 years ago this week... Always Be My Baby climbed to #1 on the US Hot 100. Her 11th #1.

12. "Would I ever go into this lighting for no reason!?"

SCREAM

13. Good choice, it's truly one of her all time best moments. Gives me goosebumps.

superglowy likes this.
  14. I think her voice was starting to lose some of it's fullness around '98, plus she was exhausted. The audible cracks in her vocals (which I actually love) give this away. I don't think she'd allow her vocals to be pitched up/down, ever.

joeee likes this.
  15. I love this performance of I Still Believe.
    I love how she embraced the 'new' voice around this time with all the live performances of this song.

RUNAWAY likes this.
  16. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

LPT, Butterfly and RUNAWAY like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.