Mariah Carey - General Discussion + #MC30 | Page 1140 | The Popjustice Forum

Mariah Carey - General Discussion + #MC30

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sabrina, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Paris Hilton greeting her fans:

Jacques, Womanizer, 4Roses and 10 others like this.
  2. Legendary debut is legendary!

3. The counting bit in "The One" always destroys me. Incredible tune.

ohaimanabu, hologram, Toxic84 and 2 others like this.
  4. Happy belated birthday to the greatest debut of all time and still her best for me as well overall. By the way, how much I SO want that poster!

5. Her debut is so underrated. It was the perfect mix of balladry, vibery and boppery.

6. In short, amazing.

ohaimanabu and TRAVVV like this.
  7. I listened to Caution and the debut back to back today. Whew what a triumphant return to form.

Robert, 4Roses, ohaimanabu and 3 others like this.
  8. An album that sold 20 milli with songs that still get played today and an influence that changed the industry isn't underrated? It's perfectly rated, just that many new fans were / are too young to appreciate it.

Jacques, 4Roses, snoho and 8 others like this.
  9. Miss You should have been on the standard version and the lead single. Where my charmies at?

Jacques, 4Roses, ohaimanabu and 3 others like this.
  10. I think her debut is my favorite debut of all time. Also, lowkey here for her next album being called Meant To Be. It just sounds very Mariah and is self-referential, which she loves.

11. I suppose her most underrated 90s album overall would be Emotions. Which is just wrong.

ohaimanabu and Espeon like this.
  12. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

13. Im loving the stream of content we're getting from Tamar's karaoke room!

ohaimanabu likes this.
  14. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

The way she absolutely bodied that with all the enthusiasm of ordering takeout on the phone while chilling on the couch in her crocs. I'm slain.

15. For years I never listened to Mariah’s debut because I assumed it’d be ballad heavy like the single campaign would suggest (bar Someday), until one day I listened to it and discovered Prisoner, There’s Got to Be A Way, You Need Me and a number of late 80s / early 90s mid-tempo bops, honestly it’s one of my favourite albums now.

Robert, tylerc904, Womanizer and 5 others like this.
  16. I love this, but also fascinated.
    When I sing along to Vision Of Love, it's never occurred to me to sing the 'background' ad-libs of that part like Tamar does in that clip.

Also... there's so many damn lights on in that room. So bright! How do they not have a headache?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    ohaimanabu and Mr.Arroz like this.
  17. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I love her.

Sprockrooster, Robert, LTG and 31 others like this.
  18. Oh wow. She also looks brillant. Not a day I am not loving this woman even more than the day before.

LPT and ohaimanabu like this.
  19. The production in that TikTok alone.

Sprockrooster, Womanizer, LPT and 8 others like this.
  20. The way there’s more effort put into that one tiktok than some of the current main girls put into their eras alone. God I love her.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.