Mariah Carey - General Discussion + #MC30 | Page 1152 | The Popjustice Forum

Mariah Carey - General Discussion + #MC30

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sabrina, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Loverboy (Remix) is maybe my favourite song ever.

[​IMG]

YourLeadSinger, LPT, TRAVVV and 9 others like this.
  2. On this day in 2005, Mariah Carey became the first lead female artist to occupy the top 2 positions on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart - with ‘We Belong Together’ at #1 and ‘Shake It Off’ at #2.

3. Legends only.

4. Glitter really is one of her best albums and I will always stand by that fact.

5. Happy anniversary to a masterpiece! I can't believe it's been 20 years since I got mad at my dad for not getting me the CD while I was at school cuz he was glued to the TV. I still remember how impressed I was seeing the interlude before Didn't Mean to Turn You On showing up as -00:10 on my CD player

Holly Something, LPT, Jacques and 6 others like this.
  6. For someone who’s never watched the movie or listened to the album, which should come first?

7. I'm a pretty major lamb, but I have one secret to share that I'm slightly ashamed of...
    I have never watched Glitter.

Holly Something likes this.
  8. It's never occurred to me that there are people who haven't seen Glitter? Everyone I've lent the DVD to through the years from my cousins to my high school photography teacher thought it was good

9. I think movie first is a funner way to be introduced to the songs.

LPMA likes this.
  10. For me, it was the soundtrack/album then the film. The songs on their own even without them part of the film project, makes for an essential listen. And then when you do see Glitter, only more so.

LPMA likes this.
  11. Not them lying to you. The film isn’t good, but it’s still iconic (mostly for the wrong reasons). The original script had a lot of potential. They truly neutered it to the point it was a completely different project in the end.

I’ve had dreams of that version becoming a mini series on HBO, but I also live for the camp-cult underdog status.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
    Jonathan27, nlad90, snoho and 8 others like this.
  12. Is there anywhere I can see the original script?

13. This is sadly true. There is no case to be made that Glitter is some hidden underrated gem. It’s just not good at all. Not even laminated stan card lamb status can save this for me and I even love just looking at Mariah.

14. I am guessing because of obviously the tragic date the album came out, she hasn't perhaps felt to say anything about the 20th anniversary.

15. I’m not going to pretend it’s some masterpiece but it’s a cute watch honestly. The dialogue is not great but it’s not laughably bad.

16. I imagine if anything is said/done it’ll be on the film’s release date (21st). I’m not holding much hope for the 20th anniversary celebrations it deserves (like… do an online screening + Q&A, a vinyl, etc!) but I’d love her to prove me wrong.

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  17. Yes, guess we have to wait and see. Hopefully something!

18. #Glitter20 is in effect! Hopefully there's a vinyl pre-order in the cards. But I especially want the videos remastered and the remixes uploaded.

Jonathan27, Womanizer, LPT and 6 others like this.

19. Glitter literally saving lives...

Jonathan27, -Jay-, Andrew and 23 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.