Mariah Carey - General Discussion + #MC30 | Page 1157 | The Popjustice Forum

Mariah Carey - General Discussion + #MC30

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sabrina, Jan 31, 2007.

1. They're ready for regular Mariah music they can listen to all year, as Caution is three years old now.

johnoclock, ohaimanabu and Lucas like this.
  2. I don't hate it - just feels a bit of a novelty track. But this was the early '00s when diss tracks were more of a thing!

ohaimanabu likes this.
  3. Obsessed was finally certified in UK today, to think how huge this could have been here if it had got a proper release back in 2009

4. Great news about Obsessed, really does feel like a true modern day Mimi classic.

neinzedd, Daszek and Maria like this.
  5. Sprockrooster likes this.
  6. I remember it getting a release date, even getting some radio play, the hype actually seemed real and then they pulled it in favour of waiting months to release I Want To Know What Love Is…..

londonrain, WhatKindOfKylie? and LPT like this.
  7. Her singles after emancipation are all over the place.

8. I remember that too, wonder why that was the case?

9. I know I know #notyet et cetera but I am listening to Mariah Christmas music and I have to say the EP released for her Apple TV special is diviiiiiiiiIIIIIIiiiiiiIIIIIiiine. Such a cohesive little showcase of her Christmas artistry.

Also her Sleigh Ride is amazing and Snoop on her already extremely smooth Here Comes Santa Claus version is really the icing on the cake.

I love this woman.

Carlo, Overdose, will82 and 1 other person like this.
  10. I wonder when we'll get a tease of the upcoming Apple special (it's happening, right?). It's just over a year since the first MC x AG x JH tease for the last one.

I'm already starting to see 'she's gaining power' / 'she's defrosting' jokes - this period has become so fun as a Mariah stan the last few years.

11. Little tid-bits like this get me so excited.

Imagineitwasus likes this.
  12. Was looking back at the thread for Meme. I AmiAm Mariahriah... Lately They've Been Calling Me The Elusive Chanteuse *giggle*

13. It's good to see 'Emotions' on Spotify home page celebrating Women In Music for National Albums Day, wonder if the vinyl sales are high enough for it to chart next week

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  14. I wouldn't expect it. After the reiusses for MC30 I doubt many will flock out to get this one. Plus the colour is terrible and it's not really her best one. But would be greta of course if I am rong.

15. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

I decided to look as well and found this truly terrible take:

[​IMG]

16. I saw that one too. At the time I was super irritated waiting for an album that ended up being delayed like a year from its original release date, and then she was doing things like "big announcement coming on Facebook in 5...4...3...2...1 day(s)!.... I'm auctioning a necklace!"

All was forgiven a minute into Cry though. I could've (and have) lost a few of the songs on the album, but its successes far outweigh its strikes imo. Make It Look Good, Dedicated, Money, Meteorite, Beautiful obvs, The Art Of Letting Go, You Don't Kn - I mean, this was a strong album.

Rei Ayanami and TRAVVV like this.
  17. I’ve been in a Mimi k-hole for like a year and a half and…she must be the best pop songwriter of all time, right?

I think I’d only rank Joni, Joanna Newsom, and Fiona Apple above her, but I wouldn’t necessarily classify them as pop.

TRAVVV, Mr Blonde, Maria and 6 others like this.
  18. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

Will you marry me?

TRAVVV and theelusivechanteuse like this.
  19. Her work will be studied (and loved) for generations. And I fucking love that for her.

LPT, Maria, will82 and 2 others like this.
  20. Mariah, is truly a talented songwriter of her generation and then some.

Jimmyandroid, Maria and RUNAWAY like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.