Mariah Carey - General Discussion + #MC30 | Page 48 | The Popjustice Forum

Mariah Carey - General Discussion + #MC30

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sabrina, Jan 31, 2007.

1. nevermind

nevermind Guest

Madonna sold 64 million.

2. IotV

IotV Guest

Meh, there are probably all sorts of fan numbers.

3. nevermind

nevermind Guest

4. Well it looks like neither wins, haha!

5. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

That was nice article agreed that it's a great list of best selling women!

Also is the charted posted by Nevermind based on certification since quite a few albums are over certified. Come On Over for an example is 20 million shipped but around 15.5 sold so that could make the difference there!

6. Interesting how Mariah's been so much bigger post-2000. Her last huge era (Emancipation) completely dwarves Madonna's respective last huge era (Ray Of Light).

7. Madonna is severely under-certified though. (albums and singles)

You forgot the soundtracks, live albums and other compilations which together are around 12 million.

They were both massive album sellers in the States.

8. All the women in the Top 5 are severely under certified.

9. Why is it when something remotley positive about Mariahs sales go up, people steam in with Madonna numbers?

10. In other Mariah/Madonna related news, let's hope MC's new album is on the way soon as I'm already over MDNA.

11. When Mariah comes arond with a new release, she usually has everything ready, am I correct?

(Certainly felt that way with Emancipation, EMC2 and MCIIY...once we get lead single, news starts rolling and album's on the way, but I could be trippin').

12. vasilios

vasilios Guest

I think the twins have to be ready first.

13. I think she's waiting for a banging bikini body before she even considers releasing anything.

14. You're probably right. I'm pretty sure she has the single ready to go.

15. There was a weird rumour that she sampled Heartbeats by The Knife. I wonder where that one came from?

16. She's already got her banging body back, no? I need her to come out with a summery throwback single in the next couple of months. Something like a modern Fantasy. Then release a second single and the album in September/October.

I need her to be majorly successful again.

17. I want the lead single to be vain, sexy and the most quotable song since Obsessed.

18. Oh my god this has made me like Mariah for the first time in 14 years!

19. Yes a modern Fantasy would kill right now!, it seems to be what is needed on the charts. As for her body she said she's still "getting there" she wants her 'Touch My Body'. body back.

I think she should be finishing, or have 3/4's of the album done, it was some months back when she said 5 songs were done. I'm really hoping Jermaine tones down his random speaking on her tracks, he was so over the top on E=MC2

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.