Mariah Carey - General Discussion + #MC30 | Page 834 | The Popjustice Forum

Mariah Carey - General Discussion + #MC30

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Cognitive Dissonance, Apr 8, 2008.

1. To be honest, am looking forward to the live disc of The Rarities just as much.

2. She is a treasure.

4Roses, Kyliéyoncé, Island and 6 others like this.
  3. So this Friday is apparently #1s era... 'do you know where you're going to', 'I still believe' and 'sweetheart' remixes!?

I thought we would've got 'rainbow' era but I ain't mad.

Mvnl, zephyr and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  4. I love how we are getting #1's covered, never thought we would to be honest! Those remixes must be very rare.

Mvnl, Jacques, Island and 5 others like this.
  5. Since we got the Brazilian remixes for Butterfly, I assume we'll be getting the Brazilian ones for Do You Know Where You're Going To! Can't wait for those!

Chris Lala likes this.
  6. Yep, Butterfly era was my personal favourite era for her vocals. The bit of hoarseness to her voice really added that emotional punch to a lot of the songs.

7. Yeah I said that last week. The DJ Grego ones deserve a full release.

hownee likes this.
  8. It's too bad she didn't release the Mi Todo mixes.

hownee and TRAVVV like this.
  9. Gotta love her lol

10. Is it an unpopular Lamb opinion to not really care for Don't Forget About Us? I've heard it a hundred times but nothing about the song really sticks with me.

Rich T, Conan, Vasilios and 1 other person like this.

11. Sis if that middle 8 leaves you cold I'd recommend a Doctor

jbnd05, Lost In Japan., LPT and 11 others like this.
  12. In the mood for this behemoth of a 2008 bop today

[​IMG]

13. Nothing about me grabs me either. It's so meh. I actually prefer the above linked DJ Clue Remix.

Jwentz and Rich T like this.
  14. Don't Forget About Us? ruined the album's momentum.

Jwentz likes this.
  15. It’s literally all about the middle 8.

Andifshe'sgotyourheadallmessedupnow
    Thaťs trickery
    She'll wanna have like you know how this loving used to be
    I bet she can't do like ME
    She'll never be MC

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  16. It doesn't do much for me either but we respect every song that has contributed to her record of 19 number 1 songs.

17. Yep! Same for me, much prefer the remix of it.

18. Don't Forget About Us is amazing. The layered background vocals, the middle eight, the extended don't forget about uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus in the final chorus, the iconic set-up in the video where she recreate Marilyn Monroe's pool scenes in Something's Got to Give. Get some taste, girls!

thefaceofyou, LPT, Mushroom and 9 others like this.
  19. Do we think the ''Rarities'' track listing will be revealed/confirmed this week, Friday maybe?

20. The ''Mariah Carey'' vinyl album has been added to Amazon UK, by the way, folks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.