Mariah Carey - General Discussion + #MC30 | Page 837 | The Popjustice Forum

Mariah Carey - General Discussion + #MC30

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Cognitive Dissonance, Apr 8, 2008.

1. #Beautiful still sounds so fresh and effortless today. One of her best tracks of recent years!

Nice spanglish video too!

nooniebao, 4Roses, Steve003 and 6 others like this.
  2. Pat

Pat

Is it me or did they change 'The Roof' to 'The Roof (Back In Time)' and added the features of Breakdown to the titles on the Butterfly album on Spotify?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  3. I already adore My All and The Roof but to hear they’re about her Derek Jeter fling? God tier.

4. Me at midnight when the Spanish ep drops...

lrgscalespanish.jpg

5. A modern day Mariah classic for sure.

joeee, miller and Maria like this.
  6. Loving #1's week for #MC30!

7. Miguel is absolutely incredible. I'm so happy Mariah collabed with this generation's R&B King!

godspeed, TRAVVV, Womanizer and 4 others like this.
  8. Oh wow! Never heard the I Still Believe (Stevie J Remix) before!

9. It's so good she gave this era a chance to shine this week. Really did think it would be skipped straight over too Rainbow. Means excluding Merry Christmas (obviously), that every album/era of the 90's, has been covered.

ohaimanabu likes this.
  10. Was hoping they would tidy her singles on Spotify while they were adding to what's already there, the duplications of singles is not good for my OCD. Going to get worse as we get Emancipation onward. @TeamMC please correct this and resume the perfection!

11. All of the 'I Still Believe' remixes are incredible. She went all out.

12. I am really coming around to Do You Know, not even the Diana Ross orignal I liked. But, the Mariah update, is starting to grow on me big time, even more so with the various remixes.

nooniebao and TRAVVV like this.

13. I thank the heavens the promo single had a version cutting him out. He is so grating on that track.

ohaimanabu and Secret like this.
  14. Has The Roof always had the '(Back In Time)' appendage on Spotify, or is this a Mandela effect moment?

Pat likes this.
  15. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Is there a reason some of these have the album version on them and some don't?
    It has me secondguessing myself if it's really the album version or there's some subtle difference I'm missing..

Jacques likes this.
  16. I decided to make an When You Believe EP of some form too. Didn't wanna leave it left out.

17. I love Wale on You Don't Know What to Do. Take your bags and go boo!

18. The single was released as The Roof (Back In Time) back in 98 - probably just going with how it was released then.

londonrain likes this.
  19. The vocal run in The Roof at 2:50 where her voice quivers and sounds almost like a violin never ceases to give me chills.

Whoever she first boned post Mottola really is one of the most important muses in music history.

[​IMG]

fancygreen, Alenko, jbnd05 and 19 others like this.
  20. Derek Jeter

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.