Mariah Carey - General Discussion + #MC30 | Page 869 | The Popjustice Forum

Mariah Carey - General Discussion + #MC30

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Cognitive Dissonance, Apr 8, 2008.

1. I adore it more so for her vocals-but am eager to hear the bops on this now!

If You Go and LeBratt like this.
  2. Columbia and Legacy are putting the album out, but she owns her masters from the Glitter sessions and now.

3. I don’t see myself returning to ‘Out Here on My Own’ much but she sounds divine.

‘Save the Day’ initially felt less than the sum of its parts for me but the chorus melody refuses to budge and I’ve really grown to love it.

johnoclock likes this.
  4. So it was herself then who put the album on streaming and digital again?

5. Out Here On My Own sounds as wonderful as I thought it would. It's always been the shining light on the Fame OST, and she 100% does it justice and then some.

6. Wow this is beautiful. I genuinely felt like I could cry during the second half.

I'm not one for "prime vocal-iah" as I like the tone of her recent work but there is something about the simplicity of the track, delivered with that voice.

This is more immediate for me than Save The Day.... although thankfully I beat my brain into submission and it now only recognises the sample as a Mariah song.

Plus.. my Japanese edition of "e=mc2" arrived today so its '4real4real' on repeat too.

7. I have been listening to a e=mc² a lot recently... any UK stores doing the vinyl?

8. Glitter, the sheet she posted with tracks says All That Glitters and the record date is after the Rainbow release

If You Go and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  9. Ah, cool. Thanks for the heads up.

10. Surprise!

LPT, Alenko, Chris Lala and 5 others like this.
  11. I adore this.

Daszek and SlowBurn like this.

12. I do wonder why they chose what eventually became the album cover with photos like these lying around.

In a twist, Mariah has apparently seen this tweet and wants the photos but has no idea where they are. Sony is saying they don't have them.

LPT, Island, Mikal and 19 others like this.
  13. Not the top middle one serving Aquarius!

I love the bottom middle one.

ohaimanabu, Butterfly, TRAVVV and 3 others like this.
  14. These are absolutely beautiful.

Liberty and Butterfly like this.
  15. These are gorgeous. The one on the bottom right looks like it could be an album cover shot.

Liberty, Espeon and Butterfly like this.
  16. Anything Emotions era, is most welcome.

londonrain, Liberty and Butterfly like this.
  17. Out Here On My Own has been in my head all day. An instant favourite of mine.
    It's hard to fathom that this has existed in the vaults all this time, I can only imagine what October 2nd is going to be like.

18. Is anyone really expecting any of the rarities songs outside of ‘Loverboy’ to be anything more than ‘pretty good’. I mean, they’re songs that didn’t make the albums they were written for.

19. It’s Mariah, so yes?

fancygreen, LPT, ohaimanabu and 18 others like this.
  20. I mean... yeah? If we look at her bonus tracks, leaks & b-sides there's plenty of excellent tracks.
    If by this logic we assumed the earlier rarities were better (as her later albums had longer tracklists), that would make Cool on You & Mesmerized the weakest tracks - far from the case according to those who have been lucky enough to hear these already.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.