Mariah Carey - General Discussion + #MC30 | Page 973 | The Popjustice Forum

Mariah Carey - General Discussion + #MC30

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Cognitive Dissonance, Apr 8, 2008.

1. I'm ready for her to win the Best Spoken Word Album Grammy at the 2022 ceremony

Espeon, Sunny B, Island and 8 others like this.
  2. I fully get this. Since I fully dived into her discography everything else feels like a waste of time at the moment.

This feeling is mainly based on not knowing much about album tracks and her upbringing but learning all about out within the last few month. She’s incredible.

It just feels like such a full, rewarding experience. #MC30 saved my 2020.

ohaimanabu and Bobbyrae like this.
  3. If there’s any lesson learned from the audio book it’s hat she NEEDS to read Aretha Franklin’s biography. The impression is incredible.

4. It's iconic

Sunny B, Applause, Island and 10 others like this.
  5. The jealousy I feel for people discovering/ delving into her music. I’d give anything to feel that again!

The Rarities has been pretty close though!

DJBenW, Carlo, Madaboutmusic and 4 others like this.
  6. Imagine getting to listen to Butterfly for the first time again.

LTG, K94, Carlo and 19 others like this.
  7. "I see we're taking the scenic route" has remained in my head, voice and all, since my first listen and will be entering my lexicon when such a time comes that I can actually see other people face to face again.

Carlo, xOJakeXo, Jwentz and 1 other person like this.
  8. I’ve just finished the book.... it took me a while as I’ve been busy and finding it hard to relax and as it’s quite wordy in a way only Mariah could be. I found it hard to get into it initially as my concentration span is shot due to this lockdown shit situation.

Overall, a very interesting insight into Mariah, her background, her drive and her big heart.

Of course I’d like even more on the songs as there are so many! But for now very enlightening and I still stan extra hard for her! Queen of the Divas!

9. Queen of The Divas forever!! Also, this is still genius:

10. Thank you to whoever mentioned this cover, her choice in covers is always immaculate

11. Sorry for the double post, is the Tokyo Dome video off YouTube? I can't find it.

12. Yes it was only a 3 day exclusive I believe

johnoclock likes this.
  13. Dammit, when I finally had some time to watch.

Thank you regardless.

14. It is a shame it wasn't a permanent thing or at least around for longer.

johnoclock likes this.
  15. E=MC2 is so great. It's definitely her bops/party album for me; even the midtempos slap! In my fantasy-reality Love Story, Migrate, Side Effects, For The Record, I'll Be Lovin U Long Time, and 4real4real were all hits.

Alenko, LeBratt, lushLuck and 9 others like this.
  16. I've not really delved into the early albums much. Probably only the singles and the odd track here and there, but I think I'm going to start fro the very beginning and play all the albums chronologically. So I'm very excited to hear a lot of these tracks fro the very first time!

My first Mariah album was The Emancipation of Mimi, but my interest waved slightly after Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel, but it was rectified by the time Caution arrived!

Maria and Jacques like this.
  17. But I also find it weird on the other hand because her music has been such a part of me that my whole existence would be different without it, which I can't even imagine. Like, the Butterfly album in 1997 totally shaped my life and certainly my musical palette from that point onwards - to think of not knowing those songs or having them in my life for the past 23 years just freaks me out.

18. It's certainly becoming one of my favs the more I listen to it lately.
    I took Touch My Body and nothing else a many years ago, but now it's just getting better and better.
    Side Effects does things to me, such terrible single choices hampered it all in my memory.

WhereIsTheFeeling likes this.
  19. I feel like we discuss this often, but E=MC is fantastic and most of it could've been released as singles. They just absolutely killed any type of longevity by picking Bye Bye as a second single at a time when uptempo songs were dominating the charts/airplay (I Kissed a Girl, Disturbia, Single Ladies)

lushLuck and WhereIsTheFeeling like this.
  20. Yes strangely so after such a stellar run from The Emancipation of Mimi.

I’d have chosen;
    Migrate
    Touch My Body
    Side Effects
    I’m That Chick
    I Stay In Love

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.