Mariah Carey General Discussion (The Festive Edition) | Page 659 | The Popjustice Forum

Mariah Carey General Discussion (The Festive Edition)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Mushroom, Aug 4, 2011.

1. She doesn’t hate Someday, no? If I recall, she just really disliked the new production of the song that stayed on the album.

2. Pretty sure she just hates it now.

3. This is from the #1's to Infinity liner notes:
    “This was one of my favorite songs when I was writing it for my demo. I remember being a kid and listening to it over and over on the subway after the studio sessions. I wish I could press rewind and delete some moments from the video and some of the overproduction on the debut album. That’s why I included the version from MTV Unplugged on this album!”

4. I just can't believe it's Caution's first anniversary already! And yes indeed, it's still got it. What an album.

5. Happy 1st Anniversary, Caution!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  6. Indeed, happy 1st anniversary Caution! Just started my 1st anniversary listen as I write. Bliss!

Lapras, SlowBurn and Robert like this.
  7. Listening to GTFO, what an absolute opener that still is. And I will never get over just how HOT she looked in the video:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. GTFO is right up there with her very best for me. Talk about setting a mood.

And I know it’s based around a sample but the production is still so fresh and so interesting a year later. I’ll never tire of it.

9. I never realised there was an actual Music Box tour. Was it ever recorded? I always thought the vocals on the first live video were a bit TOO good. Do we think it was dubbed?

10. This album will still sound fresh in ten years time. I just know it.

11. Here here. It just has it all this song.

Zinone likes this.
  12. Her early live performances were so flawless I often thought they were dubbed because she just sounds so damn perfect.

Adora Day likes this.
  13. I was looking at early articles about Mariah and it's kind of mind-blowing to see some of the things that would be written, like this from Philadelphia Inquirer, 1993:
    or this, from Washington Post, 1995:
    And also a bit of classic Mariah from the early years (also from Philadelphia Inquirer, 1993):

GimmeWork, Robert, An Insider and 5 others like this.
  14. Man, they were really going for her the press weren't they, even way back then?

15. Oh my god.

londonrain, LP and Womanizer like this.
  16. Indeed, talk about being somewhat off.

londonrain likes this.
  17. How rude! She must have really had to develop a thick skin for all the trash written about her.

18. Most definitely. Just vile stuff.

Lapras and Sarzy like this.
  19. Would be lovely if this was *the year* for it to go #1 in the UK, but that campaign by George Michael's team to get Last Christmas to #1 seems sure to out-do it.

Still annoys me she was just 152 units behind Ava last year, and that's with All I Want's units halved due to ACR.

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.