Mariah Carey - General Discussion | Page 1239 | The Popjustice Forum

Mariah Carey - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sabrina, Jan 31, 2007.

1. I'd like to hear Charmie in Atmos after seeing the way it elevated certain tracks on Butterfly.

2. I still much prefer Charmbraclet to the 3 00s albums that followed it to be totally honest too.

Tchelitchew likes this.
  3. Charmbracelet and Emotions are the only Mariah albums I find boring, I fear.

Shelby '68, Andrew and Sick Sad World like this.
  4. Whereas, these are two of my favourites! Shows what an amazing and vast discography she really does have. Something for everyone.

5. Not sure why but I’m about to act on this pressing urge I’ve had to listen to all her studio albums, in full, in chronological order and rate them. I’m a reasonably big fan but can’t say I know many album tracks.

Maria, Andrew and Mvnl like this.
  6. I'm losing my mind at the distorted thumbnail

Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 11.12.01 PM.png

7. I'm making this my avi.

8. Imagineitwasus likes this.
  9. Mariah would’ve been #1 last week in the UK if it weren’t for her sales being cut in half (ACR).

Today she’s officially #1 in the midweeks, Wham at #2 but they’re both unlikely to be able to hold on til Friday as only 400 sales separate the top 4.

Still incredible.

10. She was great on Colbert.

nooniebao, -Jay-, GimmeWork and 5 others like this.
  11. For me the only duds are Music Box and Rainbow, but then they both contain killer singles and some brilliant album tracks and the latter also has my absolute favourite Mariah song. Basically, a stellar catalog.

nikkysan and Isobel like this.

12. All I Want For Christmas Is You is #1 in the UK this week.

13. + Merry Christmas
    Top Albums: #88 (RE)
    Streaming: #69 (RE)
    Hip-Hop & R&B: 21 (22)

All I Want For Christmas Is You jumps 8-1 on consumption of 44,797 units – a 69.67% increase week-on-week – despite being on ACR. Its unadjusted consumption of 88,686 units enables it to become the seventh song to achieve consumption in excess of four million units since Kantar (Millward Brown) took over compilation of the chart in 1994. Its to-date tally of 4,003,196 units comprises 933,516 digital downloads, 171,278 CDs, 155,261 cassettes, 263 7-inch singles and 2,742,878 sales-equivalent streams.

14. Congratulations to Mariah, what an amazing achievement! But is the OCC trolling her??
    Screenshot 2022-12-09 at 21.48.18.png

15. That's exactly what she deserves for letting that spoiled brat touch a timeless classic.

Andrew, AshtrayHeart and Daszek like this.
  16. Surely not just 263 7" inch singles in the US… the reissued cute pop up must have done better than that, and she must have sold more than that with the originals from the 90s?

17. Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
  18. I don't think it was widely released as a CD single back in the day. Probably a cute run to help the first week(s) which was then discontinued.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.