Mariah Carey - General Discussion | Page 663 | The Popjustice Forum

Mariah Carey - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Cognitive Dissonance, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Movie and TV soundtracks are always complicated.

3. I feel like she's always embraced it but pre-social media was made to feel like she shouldn't.

4. She owns the masters, but it has a ton of songwriters, some of whom aren’t with big publishing companies anymore. It also has a lot of samples. They’re probably negotiating digital rights.

5. Yeah I always get the impression she still considers this one of her babies and isn’t embarrassed by it.

londonrain and Smooth Criminal like this.
  6. The thread title change? Loving that concept!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  7. I have been on a Mariah kick recently, and E=MC2 is definitely my favourite album of hers from The Emancipation of Mimi onwards. It's brilliant, and I feel like it was snubbed at the time which is a shame, although it's possible I'm not remembering the reaction properly and this is just an impression I have. I also enjoy Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel a lot.

8. Looks like there's far more in store.

GimmeWork, londonrain, andru and 7 others like this.
  9. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Glitter is still a fantastic album. I don't regret #JusticeForGlitter-ing it and buying my copy.

10. Just a quick question: Has "Almost Home" ever been released on physical format ? I'm looking for a copy on cd but I can only find digital!

londonrain and RUNAWAY like this.
  11. Uno

Uno

Ooh, I've never heard Almost Home before. It's missing that distinct Mariah touch, but I'm still here for it!

12. There’s always been justice for Glitter in the Haus of Seagrave. We bopp.

LPT likes this.
  13. Oooh, I can see why it's just digital

What makes something a Mariah song to you?

I don’t know how to define that. I’ve recently started being like, “Oh, I guess that’s very me to do that part right there.” It’ll be a la-la-la or a shoo-do-do or a da-da-da-da-da. I don’t do it to try and sound like a Mariah song, and I love to collaborate with people, but in the rare instances when I’ve done other people’s songs, I haven’t liked it. There was a Disney song I did five, six years ago called “Almost Home,” and I never really liked it. No offense to whoever wrote it, and I did it because Disney wanted me to do it, but it didn’t feel like me at all.

from: https://pitchfork.com/features/interview/forever-mariah-an-interview-with-an-icon/

btw, according to Wiki:
    Songwriter(s): Mariah Carey Simone Porter Justin Gray Lindsey Ray Tor Erik Hermansen Mikkel Eriksen
    Producer(s): Mariah Carey Stargate

londonrain, RUNAWAY and Music Is Life like this.
  14. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Just buy two copies of the 'Loverboy' CD single and call it a success.

RUNAWAY likes this.
  15. I have two cipies of the Loverboy cd single ! Two different copies !

16. I'm not seeing For The Record on this list, and that worries me.

RMK, Womanizer, Maria and 1 other person like this.
  17. I think Almost Home wasn't really pushed properly as a single outside of US radio and by that point it was only Europe still making CD singles.

As for the credits, this was actually discussed in here recently.
    She probably got a song-writing credit for a minor lyric change or for vocal arrangement, and then a production credit for vocal production.

londonrain, Bobbyrae and Slamb like this.
  18. I love Almost Home, it's one of my favourite Mariah songs.

19. Same actually!

20. It's a wonderful song I think. Always have loved it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.