Mariah Carey General Discussion | Page 721 | The Popjustice Forum

Mariah Carey General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Mushroom, Aug 4, 2011.

1. I have access to the OCC's database and you're right, all the sales are credited to Mariah ft. Ne-Yo and zero are credited to Mariah solo, so it's an error. The Mariah and Ne-Yo version says it's had:

19,720 downloads
    757,711 audio streams

-Jay-, Butterfly and londonrain like this.
  2. Thought so! Thank you for checking.
    Mariah, just release the damn thing.

Butterfly likes this.
  3. French lambs in the audience, I’m very proud to announce the book I wrote on Mariah (the universe; the voice; the lyrics; the musical idiosyncrasies) is being published later this month in France by Le Mot et le Reste.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I named it after one famous operatic aria that seemed appropriate to my understanding of our diva. I hope I succeeded in conveying everything I thought was important about her artistry and that is still to this day so cruelly unrecognized, especially in France.

If you can read French, be sure to pre-order it (Fnac, Amazon, Cultura, etc.) or to buy it once it’s out February 20th. I created an Instagram account to celebrate this special occasion, you can all join!

4. Any sign when the Christmas singles will ship? Lolz.

5. I think they’re coming in April.

Still worth every penny.

Festive!

GimmeWork, londonrain and Laurence like this.
  6. Iconic.

LP, WhatKindOfKylie? and Laurence like this.
  7. Back in the Spring of 2019 a friend and I listened to Madonna's whole discography (I'm a fan, he was interested in learning more). He had such a great time doing it that in December he asked if we could do Mariah's discography. So we did! And today we wrapped up with Caution.

I make sure to rope in "off-album" songs that are essential listening. So I included I'll Be There on Emotions, the #1s tracks on Butterfly, etc. And he also really likes to hear the story of the artist while we do this. So we listened to two albums a week and basically went through EVERYTHING. Her upbringing, Tommy, the difficulties with Sony in the late 90s, the Glitter stuff, Nick, #dembabies, that lady that worked for Mariah a few years ago, New Year's Eve, everything. We even listened to the Genius interview the other day so he could actually hear her talking about her work.

He kept a list of the songs he really clicked with from each album. I'll share the list in a bit, but for now I'll say he wrote down more than half of what he heard. Emotions, Butterfly, and Daydream were his favorite albums. Glitter, E=MC2, and Rainbow were his least favorites.

Jersey, Mr Blonde, LP and 15 others like this.
  8. Other acts’ labels in the US in the 90s:
    - sorry we can’t release singles or if we do we will make them hard to stock / find to boost album sales

Mariahs label:

Mr Blonde, LP, maikos87 and 12 others like this.
  9. I really love her version of I Still Believe.

10. Not this guy inventing skinny Mariah!

Holly Something likes this.
  11. Screaming! That slo-mo.

Jersey, Mr Blonde, LP and 4 others like this.
  12. Has anyone heard anything about Brighton pride??

13. My boyfriend got it before Christmas and it’s gorgeous!

14. She's been announced as the Saturday headliner! Excited!

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  15. Loving it! Booked hotel and tickets when I heard the rumours. Can’t wait!

16. Booked it. Packed it. Fooked off

I am so excited. Hopefully it’ll be a greatest hits type affair. The atmosphere at Kylie last year was incredible so this will be just beyond!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020 at 11:47 AM
  17. Great news. Anyone know when VIP tickets usually go on sale?
    I'm seeing that there was both a gold & platinum circle at either side of the stage catwalk last year?

18. Tempted to learn French just so I can read this.

19. Ooh I had no idea, wonder if you can upgrade an existing ticket?

20. I think they go on sale around Easter, and if you bought a standard ticket you can get it refunded once you've purchased a VIP.

Krissykins likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.