Mariah Carey General Discussion | Page 729 | The Popjustice Forum

Mariah Carey General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Mushroom, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Roe really is about to be her spitting image

2. That performance was stunning!

Maria likes this.
  3. I'm giving a spin to Charmbracelet, today!

4. I gave two to Caution yesterday and wow. If it wouldn't be for Honey it would be my record of the year. One of the best albums ever. Mariah the power.

5. Confession: I love Caution but I've never listened to another Mariah album. Where do I start?

6. Other than a Greatest Hits, the trilogy for me is ‘Daydream’/‘Butterfly’/
    ‘Emancipation of Mimi’.

Overdose, POPGASM, Butterfly and 3 others like this.
  7. aux

aux

I'd go into Butterfly, it was my first introduction into Mariah. Then I delved into the (stellar) debut, and went from there in chronological order.

8. Going chronologically is always a good start because you can see how her artistry evolved.

9. True, I went chronologically and it was a great journey from the very beginning.

10. If you enjoy 90s (and really late 80s given those first few albums were right at the border of the decade) music, chronologically is a good bet like others suggested.

If you don't have as much patience, Butterfly & Daydream are the fan favourites (and I'd second that The Emancipation of Mimi completes this trinity). The most similar sounding album to Caution would be Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse though, it's longer on the whole so has slightly more variation but it's the closest by far.

11. My boyfriend did the albums from the start on the lead up to her birthday. So many great albums, including Glitter!

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.

12. I love early 90s Mariah so much.

P'NutButter likes this.
  13. I'm totally in a Caution mode, today.
    I would so like her to keep releasing shorter records without waiting too much.

3:33 of pure bliss.
    Ok, she didn't have a lot of money for the video, but the song is amazing !

Maria, achilles, Jersey and 7 others like this.
  14. This song nor indeed this video, will never lose it's touch.

achilles likes this.
  15. Caution is still that album!

Alenko, Overdose, Jersey and 8 others like this.
  16. I'm so glad I got Caution on vinyl, that artwork is seriously up here with her all time best. It's an iconic modern day Mariah cover I personally think.

RUNAWAY, Daniel L, xOJakeXo and 2 others like this.
  17. Could anyone help me to identify the font used here ? Thanx a lot !

Attached Files:

18. Isn’t it a copperplate gothic font?

londonrain likes this.
  19. It’s Lagune Bold.

If you’re looking for the similar looking fonts later in her career as well then that’s called friz Quadrata

There’s a font pack of the fonts used through her career for singles and albums on deviant art. Just google it.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    LP, londonrain, OceanBlue and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.