Mariah Carey General Discussion | Page 750 | The Popjustice Forum

Mariah Carey General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Mushroom, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Legally streaming I Didn't Mean To Turn You On

[​IMG]

2. Glitter is a really great album. Just wanted to clear that up.

RUNAWAY, If You Go, drewsky and 5 others like this.
  3. It does exist, they had to change it to the Cameo sample quite late. You can hear some of the original version in one of the early Glitter trailers:

RUNAWAY, If You Go, TRAVVV and 3 others like this.
  4. The vocals on Lead the Way and Never Too Far are some of her best ever.

5. They absolutely are. Two of her finest ballads ever too. Very much enjoyed streaming Glitter earlier.

TRAVVV, Sarzy and AdzBrown like this.
  6. Glitter is Mariah's finest party album, and let me tell you it's a bumping party.

RUNAWAY, Sarzy, Acronym and 10 others like this.
  7. Glitter is better than the albums directly before and after it.

RUNAWAY, hologram, If You Go and 4 others like this.
  8. Mariah does not make bad albums anyway.

Facts are FACTS.

RUNAWAY, hologram, tylerc904 and 4 others like this.
  9. Every single song from Caution still slaps.

10. 'Glitter' is still such an easy play. It made up for the underwhelming 'Rainbow' for me, and I am as scalped by the ending of 'Lead The Way' as I was on first listen almost 20 years ago. 'I Didn't Mean To Turn You On', 'Last Night A DJ Saved My Life', 'Loverboy' and 'All My Life' were such fun songs are some of the commercial trend-chasing of the previous album ('X-Girlfriend'). It's a shame it pre-dated that 80s revival by a few years because Mariah did it with such sincerity and joy, somehow making it sound like an authentic artistic choice rather than a borrowed aesthetic.

x

11. ... the Glitter soundtrack is really fantastic. She was done so wrong.

12. Glitter is a career highlight for sure, but you cannot erase Butterfly, Daydream, or any other of her behemoth records like this.

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  13. I only said it’s better than Rainbow and Charmbracelet.

14. Charmbracelet is probably my least played Mimi album, there's just nothing that stands out. It's so good to finally have her complete discography on streaming.

Mr Blonde and If You Go like this.
  15. Billie Frank truly is a gay icon.

16. I think I love Glitter more than ever. An album that should be played loud and proud.

17. I know it's tired to harp on about Mariah's voice, but for me Glitter is the last album where Mariah's voice truly sounds like Mariah's voice. All the belting and high notes sound effortless. The whispery vocals are still measured just right. Whilst since then Mariah's voice has still sounded great, but way more laboured and 'thin' - don't know how else to describe it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Glitter is the last album where Mariah sounds like the Mariah I fell in love with.

If You Go and bb_melanie like this.
  18. Glitter is by far not her best album but it is a joy to listen to is. Easy, carefree with old and new Mariah present. Happy to finally have it on Spotify since I used my local data of it but that didn’t work with my Google thingy here. And my best friend and I do our own Mariah rate just having Glitter to do next which is a nice coincidence.

Also got a Caution vinyl yesterday which is BRILLANT as an album although Her voice sounds a tad higher than on the CD. Anybody else had this?

Mr Blonde and Maria like this.
  19. Caution vinyl is 100% a work of art, audio and design too.

It'd be cute if they could clear the Cameo sample for a 2020 Loverboy release?

20. I find the song featuring Mystikal hilarious. That weird era when every rapper sounded like a crack addict.

See also:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.