Mariah Carey General Discussion | Page 751 | The Popjustice Forum

Mariah Carey General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Mushroom, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Whisper the Cat said gay rights!

2. Hum.

nooniebao, Mr Blonde, RUNAWAY and 3 others like this.
  3. Youtube Streams so far: Glitter

8,087 - Lead THe Way
    5,119 - Loverboy
    4,253 - Never Too Far
    3,867 - Loverboy Remix
    3,365 - All My Life
    2,998 - Didn't Mean to Turn You On
    2,848 - If We
    2,697 - Last Night a DJ Saved My Life
    2,257 - Reflections (Care Enough)
    2,140 - Don't Stop (Funkin' 4 Jamaica)
    1,831 - Want You
    1,588 - Twister
    = 41,050

Leopold and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  4. Delete the whole damn album. There's no way people should be allowed to stream Last Night a DJ Saved My Life more than Want You.

Christopher1985 and If You Go like this.
  5. Hmmm.

6. What? Ewwww.

7. I totally agree with you and I just realized it now.

8. I'm surprised the original version of Loverboy hasn't leaked, but honestly the released version sounds better in the end

Slamb likes this.
  9. To be honest, I feel the same. Love the version we got.

Slamb and Espeon like this.
  10. Watched the movie tonight with two gay friends. Listened to the album after. The movie would be ok if it’s one of those Netflix productions for hungover Sundays. The album is fine. She mostly is on point. It’s just a bit disappointing that Lead The Way, Reflections and Never Too Far are basically the exact same song with different levels of quality.

It was a great Glitter night overall.

11. Enjoyed giving Glitter a listen on Spotify today! I remember buying the CD from WHSmith.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    Push likes this.
  12. After some ten years I re-watched 'Glitter' the movie last night to celebrate this moment.

I actually enjoyed it. The direction was a little amateurish, looking more like a tv show, but overall I don't think it deserves to be listed among the worst movies of all time. And Mariah did a fairly good job for what it was.

And the final scene where she's reunited with her mum.... wearing that glittery dress... walking in the swampy Southern countryside.... LOVE.

13. Happy anniversary to Me. I am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse!! What an amazing album!

14. Love it. 6 years, that's flown!

15. Glitter is the last album where her head voice sounded full. Her head voice has changed more than anything else since the early 90s.

16. Never watched or listened to "Glitter".

[​IMG]

Holly Something likes this.
  17. You're not even curious?

londonrain likes this.
  18. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

It's literally 2020, I don't know what anyone gets out of still pretending that Glitter is bad but okay

[​IMG]

19. I'll say it again: Glitter the film is not good. Glitter the album is very good.

fancygreen, POPGASM, snoho and 9 others like this.
  20. [​IMG]
    I...imagine not bopping to Didn't Mean To Turn You On, or feeling things over Twister, not even be able to sing I'm Real over If We out of spit. But worst of all having the experience on itself that is All My Life.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.