Mariah Carey - General Discussion | Page 854 | The Popjustice Forum

Mariah Carey - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sabrina, Jan 31, 2007.

1. So interesting to hear it confirmed (again?) that she’ll be singing some songs in her memoir’s audiobook. I’m assuming it’ll be acapella?

2. That moment the music fully kicks in the first time in The Distance may be one of my favourite Mariah moments ever. From that moment on everything just levitates. The song is pure bliss and one of her absolut finest.

3. Not sure if this has been posted and I'm too lazy this Monday morning to dive backwards, but do we think she'll include the Up Out My Face remix with Nicki Minaj when she gets to the Memoirs era? I'd love it if the Angels Advocate remix album was released too while we are at it.

Jersey, Jacques, Chris Lala and 3 others like this.
  4. My personal highlight of MC30 so far is discovering this live version of 'Make It Happen' it has made me love a song that for so many years I have never liked and that 'I see You up there' part needs adding to an updated version on the genius lyrics page

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  5. Given its specific mention in the NYMag article, I wonder if the out-of-chronological-order Walter co-write at the end of The Rarities is a 2020 version of Outside?

Jacques, londonrain and BreatheBox like this.
  6. It really is the definite version for me. She’s so cute here.

7. The profile is great. I hope Rich Juzwiak is seething he didn't get the opportunity.

fancygreen, Aester, Mr.Arroz and 4 others like this.
  8. I'd go as far to say that this one of the most 'stage presence-y' performances of Mariah's career.

9. P'NutButter, Diet Pop!, Maria and 5 others like this.
  10. Absolutely genius.

Maria likes this.
  11. God she’s giving us absolutely EVERYTHING with these promo moments.

The classy drive-by Eminem shade!

12. Her memoirs will be incredible.

13. I really like the Chanteuse album (and I actually like it more than Caution, which I know is an unpopular opinion here.) But I think the album didn't do well because she clearly wasn't in a good place because her marriage was ending. Mariah has always been very campy, but some of those radio interviews she did to promote the album - where she brought her own bottles of alcohol and was getting noticeably "sloshed" during each conversation - were not a good look.** Mariah's arm and wrist were also clearly still bothering her, and I think that was an issue as well. And then Mariah pretty much stopped promoting the album after they went public with the divorce announcement, so that was that.

** = On a side note, I can't find the link now, but there was one interview during this period where Mariah brought her own sweethearts (the candy) to the radio studio. I think it might have been when she was promoting "You're Mine"? Anyway, at one point she was showing the interviewer how you can add the candy to sparkling wine or champagne to make it taste even better/sweeter. A friend and I drunkenly tried this once, and Mariah was right - the sweethearts do add an extra sugar rush!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    bess marvin and If You Go like this.
  14. That Ellen Degenerate moment is truly infuriating.

15. I can’t even play it in full. Such an awful album, her most uninspired for sure.

Looking at everyones list i have to say that Rainbow has so many highs that suppress every low on it (which frankly i don’t think there’s so many). Emotions is boring and for me one of her weakest, I’m not even gonna bother to defend Charmbracelet because not many people have the taste for such brilliance.

16. This shade was the best I've read/seen in a long time -

Tchelitchew, Knightgee, LPT and 6 others like this.
  17. I've lost the tweet but I just saw that there's an alternate album version cut of The Roof music video which actually shows her exiting the limo's sun roof.

It really took me all this time to realise she's in a limo and the solo shots of her in the rain are standing out of the roof? All this time I thought it was a club booth & some weirdly placed outdoor riser.

EDIT: Mess not it being in this very thread! I'm blind.
    I wish they kept in the video too, it has such an iconic feel.

Jacques, maikos87, RUNAWAY and 3 others like this.
  18. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I feel so proud to see her finally get her flowers, not just commercially as in the last years, but legacy-wise too. She's truly earned everything that she's gotten now.

19. This is the only version I've seen of The Roof music video, there's another version? That's apparently more common?!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.