Mariah Carey - General Discussion | Page 856 | The Popjustice Forum

Mariah Carey - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sabrina, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Sis if that middle 8 leaves you cold I'd recommend a Doctor

jbnd05, Lost In Japan., LPT and 11 others like this.
  2. In the mood for this behemoth of a 2008 bop today

[​IMG]

3. Nothing about me grabs me either. It's so meh. I actually prefer the above linked DJ Clue Remix.

Jwentz and Rich T like this.
  4. Don't Forget About Us? ruined the album's momentum.

Jwentz likes this.
  5. It’s literally all about the middle 8.

Andifshe'sgotyourheadallmessedupnow
    Thaťs trickery
    She'll wanna have like you know how this loving used to be
    I bet she can't do like ME
    She'll never be MC

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  6. It doesn't do much for me either but we respect every song that has contributed to her record of 19 number 1 songs.

7. Yep! Same for me, much prefer the remix of it.

8. Don't Forget About Us is amazing. The layered background vocals, the middle eight, the extended don't forget about uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus in the final chorus, the iconic set-up in the video where she recreate Marilyn Monroe's pool scenes in Something's Got to Give. Get some taste, girls!

thefaceofyou, LPT, Mushroom and 9 others like this.
  9. Do we think the ''Rarities'' track listing will be revealed/confirmed this week, Friday maybe?

10. The ''Mariah Carey'' vinyl album has been added to Amazon UK, by the way, folks.

11. great news... but I’ll not so secretly covet the Walmart exclusive... colour me shallow. :(

12. I don't the idea of doing the album as a bottle green vinyl at all. I think gold, or transparent black would have been better. I guess we might still be getting some different coloured vinyls for the album from various websites, I hope so anyway.

1986 likes this.
  13. Its a very weird choice. The Vision Of Love 7'' is kind of green-ish but that doesn't explain the choice here. I have the very original pressing anyway and don't do variants. Hope more follow soon.

14. A bit of an odd take considered it was Single #4, hit No.1 and there were two more singles released after it.

londonrain likes this.
  15. You know what I mean come on. The album was flawless as it was before the add ons.

16. I love ‘Don’t Forget About Us’ and think it’s slots in perfectly with the rest of the album/era sis.

londonrain, 1986 and Maria like this.
  17. Emancipation is a brilliant album, but nothing left on there would have done even close to as well as Don't Forget About Us. She did what she had to do and extended a legendary era.

18. I think it cheapens the album, let's end this here rocs.

19. The re-release also pushed the album's sales to become the biggest selling album of 2005. Beating 50 Cent's total in the very last week of that year.

4Roses, Kyliéyoncé, LPT and 14 others like this.
  20. Oh my. I will have this.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.