Mariah Carey - General Discussion | Page 864 | The Popjustice Forum

Mariah Carey - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Cognitive Dissonance, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Do you know if the original version of Loverboy is a completely different vocal take, too?

2. Completely different. The melody is the same, but her vocals aren’t nasal, and she sings the chorus like she does in “I’ll Be Loving U Long Time.”

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020 at 6:44 AM
  3. Hearing the original Loverboy as it was intended, really will be such a moment.

Alenko, Womanizer, drewsky and 12 others like this.
  4. And seeing it at #1 on iTunes would be THE moment. Really hope the US lambs manage to pull that off.

Alenko, Damita Jo, RUNAWAY and 6 others like this.
  5. [​IMG]

6. She had the UK #1 last Christmas but fucking Amazon and bloody Goulding ruined everything.

7. I swear this song is forever doomed to be stuck at #2 for all eternity.

Overdose and If You Go like this.
  8. She would have had it in 2019 too if it weren't for ACR coming in that year. OCC hate Mariah.

9. I’ve heard Amazon are all set to pull the same tricks with their Alexa playlists this year too. Apparently they have several songs lined up.

Mariah should’ve been #1 the last two years at least. Frustrating.

If You Go and londonrain like this.
  10. She might not have the #1, but who has the classic song status and yearly streams dahhhling?

11. I mean it when i say Mariah Carey just may be the most underrated American songwriter. I don't know the exact number, but she's written, like 18 or her 21 #1 hits, right? Including AIWFCIY

When i tell casual music fans this they lose their minds. It's like nobody knew Mariah was super talented on top of just her vocals

Mr.Arroz, 4Roses, Oceandrive and 6 others like this.
  12. Ive been wanting to hear this for years! Finally. I enjoyed Loverboy but didnt like the vocal take she chose.

If You Go likes this.
  13. True, which is the main thing at the end of the day.

HEARTCORE likes this.
  14. HMV now have the bulk of her vinyl to be pre ordered, but not as cheap as Amazon-£35 they want for Rainbow for instance!

SlowBurn likes this.
  15. One of the best albums to ever exist to be honest.

16. A truly timeless album.

nooniebao likes this.
  17. It's not my favourite, but it's so bloody brilliant.

18. Same for FNAC, and that’s odd considering the first two albums are listed at 17 euros.

19. The whole ‘Rarities’ project is so fucking exciting but I must admit I’d take ‘Thank God I Found You’ demo x12 if it meant we’d still get the original ‘Loverboy’ track. Thaťs the one I’m looking forward the most. I love the released version so much but I’ve been obviously curious and dying to hear it with the YMO sample, actually often imagining it when listening to the song. I’d expect it to leak it via some shady zippyshare link on Twitter and not it being on the official compilation (and being pressed on vinyl too!). It’s so close!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020 at 8:32 PM
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.