Mariah Carey - General Discussion | Page 865 | The Popjustice Forum

Mariah Carey - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Cognitive Dissonance, Apr 8, 2008.

1. I came across a clip of Mariah’s reality series in which her team realize that there’s a time difference between the UK and Luxembourg and...

The difference between Mariah, the reality show, Stella and overall messiness then versus AIWFC, the Rarities, the book, MC30, vinyls, the amazing vocal performances now is quite astonishing. The feel of the “brand” feels so right and is a justice to her legacy and achievements.

2. Mariah Carey and her anniversary celebrations, have been one of the few high points of 2020.

3. The ‘10 thick lines per page’ layout isn’t real, right?

4. That’s exactly what I was thinking.

If You Go likes this.
  5. She also revealed ‘Out Here On My Own’ is out this Friday

Alenko, Daniel L, RUNAWAY and 6 others like this.
  6. !!!

I imagine that will take the place of Rainbow remixes?

If You Go and nooniebao like this.
  7. She’s really committed to another flop, huh? Too bad. It’s the most boring song on the album.

If You Go likes this.
  8. Oh my.

9. I don’t think we’re getting any more remix EPs. The rest of the remixes are already available on streaming.

I am curious about the Underneath The Stars video and when (or rather if) we’ll be getting that.

xOJakeXo and Lapras like this.
  10. Because the other songs are sure to go to #1? It doesn't matter what she releases anyway.

11. Absolutely not, but sparking interest in the album would be good. “90s Mariah Carey” is a reliable brand.

12. Yeah it’s def for aesthetic I looked at the book opening video again and pages are full lol

13. I do hope she keeps going. I'm sure there are remixes from the Emancipation of Mimi era we don't have.
    ("It's Like That" Morales remixes for example)?

Peter Rauhofer and Pound Boys (a.k.a. Mayhem & Craig C.) remixes were unreleased too.

AlmostFamous, If You Go and Womanizer like this.
  14. I actually think Save the Day is probably my favourite track of the year so far.

15. If the Lambs had streaming power it would be fun to try and get Loverboy to #1. I realize thats not realistic, but it would be a cute moment.

Something has to reach #1. She's one song away from tying those british guys. It has to happen!

16. The album is like E=MC2 in that everything that’s really great is more uptempo, except for the b-sides previously released.

Maybe they were thinking about international markets with the cover song. I guess it’s similar to “Against All Odds” vocally, but it doesn’t have any percussion.

Damita Jo and If You Go like this.
  17. dd I love her version of Against All Odds so color me perched

AlmostFamous and goldsoundz like this.
  18. I mean, to be fair, the I Still Believe EP was online prior to this anniversary and is pretty much the same as the MC30 version. I hope she does continue as it'll be nice to have all the remixes housed in one area rather than hopping around the scattered mess it kind of is right now...

19. I think she’ll continue with the weekly EPs on Oct 9. I wouldn’t be surprised if she skips Glitter this year. Either way, if she resumes releasing EPs the week after Rarities is out, she’ll be done before December.

nooniebao likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.