Mariah Carey - The Discography Rates (PJ's Mariah Top 40 & The Complete Album ranking)

vibe03-2_zps2408b5bd.png

So, you may be wondering why am I plonking these songs after the Mimi years - seeing as they were all released before?...

- well. It's my rate, and I prefer it that way!

...no, the truth is I stand by the belief that these two albums are criminally underrated and contain some of Mariah's best work. I want them to get a fair representation outside of the main bulk of Mariah's catalogue.

#35-31
30-28
27-22
21-16
15-11
10-07
#04-03
02-01

Last edited:
Re: Mariah Carey - The Discography Rate: Part. 2/3 The Mimi Years & The Flops (Voting closes Nov 1

mariah-careyHeaderMimi_zps8bef4ec3.png

...and so we enter the second part of the Mariah Carey discography rate, I have opted to call it The "Mimi" Years.

After the trials and tribulations of 2001 and the backlash of the (incredible) Charmbracelet era Mariah decided a change was needed. Mimi is a nickname many in Mariah's inner-circle affectionately call her and as Mariah has said herself... “I am letting my guard down and inviting my fans to be that much closer to me… Most importantly, I am celebrating the fact that I’ve grown into a person and artist who no longer feels imprisoned by my insecurities or compelled to try and live up to someone else’s vision of ‘Mariah Carey.’ I now feel I can honestly say ‘this is me, the real me, take it or leave it.’”

80-78
77-75
74-72
71-70
69-66
65-63
62-60
59-56
55-53
52-50
47-46
45-43
42-41
40- Roundup
39-38
37-35
#33-32
#31-30
29-28
27-24
23-22
21-20
19-18-17
16-15
13-12
#8-7
#2-1

Last edited:
He/Him
Re: Mariah Carey - The Discography Rate: Part. 2/3 The Mimi Years & The Flops (Voting closes Nov 1

Starting on this early... I feel like I have to let the albums sink in a bit again (bar ...Chanteuse.

Re: Mariah Carey - The Discography Rate: Part. 2/3 The Mimi Years & The Flops (Voting closes Dec 1

Damn, I was hoping to avoid Glitter permanently. Oh well, Reflections will be getting high marks.

Faded and H.A.T.E.U. better make top ten.

Re: Mariah Carey - The Discography Rate: Part. 2/3 The Mimi Years & The Flops (Voting closes Dec 1

I am keeping the voting open for quite a while (6 weeks) as I know there is a lot to get through. and hopefully the results will lead us right up into the new year! (Mariah would approve "festive")

Remember like the last part the tracks with * next to them - are not integral to the overall rate, just a nice bonus.

Enjoy!

I listened to Glitter again last night and legitimately bopped to quite a few tracks.

A&E

they&she

Question: I don't see "Makin' It Last All Night (What It Do)" in the Emancipation section -- is it not actually on the album (I might have downloaded some dodgy .zip) or just not included for other reasons?

Last edited:

Question: I don't see "Makin' It Last All Night (What It Do)" in the Emancipation -- is it not actually on the album (I might have downloaded some dodgy .zip) or just not included for other reasons?

It's a bit meh...

But I can include it, if you want it?

Mr.Arroz

Staff member
he/him/his

Thanks for the six-week timeframe P'Nut! I'll definitely be starting for this one much earlier.

A&E

they&she

It's a bit meh...

But I can include it, if you want it?
Nah not necessarily, I was just checking which tracks from the list I don't have and this one caught my eye. I don't think I've even listened to it.

MollieSwift21

Staff member

Not as strong as her 90's music but there's still a lot of great music here but some actual lows.

If y'all don't give Sprung the 10 if deserves, I'll bust the windows out ya car. So many great songs, fuuuck.

Now is the time to dive into Glitter but no promises! I did get a headstarf on Charmbracelet and The One must do well.

He / Him / His

I hope we're all giving 'Auld Lang Syne (The New Year's Anthem)' the 10 it deserves.

Let me do this ON TIME. I don't want Ocean coming round with a hacksaw.

matthew.

Staff member
He/Him

Why aren't we rating Loverboy (Ft. Cameo, Da Brat, Ludacris, Shawnna, and Twenty II) ?

matthew.

Staff member
He/Him

BANANA SPLIT MY DAIRY QUEEN.