Mariah Carey

N

nevermind

Top Selling Female Recording Artist Worldwide (by Reputed Sales 200-500 Million Records) by RIAA and IFPI

MADONNA (USA)
CELINE DION, (CANADA)
NANA MASKAORI (GREECE)
WEI WEI (CHINA)
WHITNEY HOUSTON (USA)
CHER (USA)

Top Selling Female Recording Artists in the USA/Certified Units in Millions by RIAA

BARBRA STREISAND 71
MADONNA 64
MARIAH CAREY 61.5
WHITNEY HOUSTON 54
CELINE DION 50
SHANIA TWAIN 48
REBA MC ENTIRE 40.5
BRITNEY SPEARS 31

MollieSwift21

Staff member
That was nice article agreed that it's a great list of best selling women!

Also is the charted posted by Nevermind based on certification since quite a few albums are over certified. Come On Over for an example is 20 million shipped but around 15.5 sold so that could make the difference there!

Interesting how Mariah's been so much bigger post-2000. Her last huge era (Emancipation) completely dwarves Madonna's respective last huge era (Ray Of Light).

Madonna is severely under-certified though. (albums and singles)

IotV said:
Madonna
Like a Prayer: 4,000,000 5 mill
American Life: 1,000,000 700k
Confessions on a Dancefloor: 1,000,000 1.7 mill
Hard Candy 500,000 750k
MDNA: /

So around 55 million.

Mariah wins!
You forgot the soundtracks, live albums and other compilations which together are around 12 million.

They were both massive album sellers in the States.

When Mariah comes arond with a new release, she usually has everything ready, am I correct?

(Certainly felt that way with Emancipation, EMC2 and MCIIY...once we get lead single, news starts rolling and album's on the way, but I could be trippin').

She's already got her banging body back, no? I need her to come out with a summery throwback single in the next couple of months. Something like a modern Fantasy. Then release a second single and the album in September/October.

I need her to be majorly successful again.

AdzBrown said:
She's already got her banging body back, no? I need her to come out with a summery throwback single in the next couple of months. Something like a modern Fantasy. Then release a second single and the album in September/October.

I need her to be majorly successful again.

Yes a modern Fantasy would kill right now!, it seems to be what is needed on the charts. As for her body she said she's still "getting there" she wants her 'Touch My Body'. body back.

I think she should be finishing, or have 3/4's of the album done, it was some months back when she said 5 songs were done. I'm really hoping Jermaine tones down his random speaking on her tracks, he was so over the top on E=MC2