Marina - Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land | Page 10 | The Popjustice Forum

Marina - Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Butterfly, Nov 10, 2020.

1. I'm bopping to the snippet. Ready to be saved by Professor M.

He, Mikal, Daniel! and 1 other person like this.
  2. Quirky Marina making a comeback? I would be here for that!

He and Maki like this.
  3. Yeah song sounds like a bop.

iRyan and johnny_tsunami like this.
  4. The midcentury valley aesthetic, the instrumentation, the campy lyrics being on the nose but not off track... I think this could come together really well... OR it could be another cloying mess! I guess we'll have to wait and see

5. Those lyrics are a bit of a scream but at least in a campy, knowing, quintessentially Marina way, unlike Love + Fear where it sounded like she was reading out excerpts from Hallmark greeting cards.

6. I only read the lyrics of the first verse, and they actually give me borderline-nonsensical "The Family Jewels" Marina vibes. I'm here for that.

7. What time is this out?

8. Looking forward to another Marina album!!

Maki likes this.
  9. The lyrics aren’t exactly subtle but when has that ever been her thing? With Marina it’s always about the delivery and so far I’m liking with I hear. Cautiously optimistic.

10. We shall see...

11. RMK

RMK

I'm here for the mess.

12. The lyrics tell me this will be in the same vein as her other messy, white-feminist bops ("Girls," "Sex Yeah," and "Can't Pin Me Down"). Perched for the mess.

[​IMG]

Sam, nooniebao, Lander and 17 others like this.
  13. I had absolutely no idea she had music coming until I saw the clip on Insta today. Sounds surprisingly good, too!

14. Ok but ‘Sex Yeah’ is probably in her top 5 songs ever.

15. “I guess that’s why he bought the campest hotel in LA then” is legit hilarious though.

Lupita and sesita like this.
  16. "Lenin's body lying dead there" teas.

Sam, nooniebao, Dijah. and 1 other person like this.
  17. 5:30PM GMT tomorrow.

18. I'm not a big fan of Love + Fear but I've been playing it these days in anticipation of the new song and I'm learning to appreciate better some of its tracks. 'Emotional Machine' and 'Soft To Be Strong' have grown on me so much.

LPT and Trouble in Paradise like this.
  19. Small preview:

Andrew.L likes this.
  20. Can she mash-up Electra Heart and Emotional Machine this era? I need to hear "LIGHTS.THEY.BLIND.ME. - I'm a machiiiiiiineeeeeee".

He likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.