Marina - Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Marina - Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Butterfly, Nov 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It's weird that we already had a thread for this album that how seems to have been... deleted?

Perched obviously.

Man's or Men's?

2. I'm cautious, but curious. Bring your A-game, Merna!

3. Man's.

4. Ready for this potential mess.

5. At first the logo gave me NFR!-Cartoon-Tease but now I think it's way more ARTPOP. I like it tho.

I believe it was the L+F thread that kept the conversation going.

6. She can only go up from L+F, so

[​IMG]

Music Is Death, Lander, LPT and 16 others like this.
  7. I’m a big but critical fan and I can’t help but think she can do worse than offensively bland.

8. All the clips so far sound way too on the nose still, and they are a few seconds long. I want more finesse.

9. Demos of Soft to Be Strong and Too Afraid have leaked. They're not vastly different to the final version, just different production. Soft to Be Strong has some slightly different lyrics and a different vocal take.

Deleted member 27323 likes this.
  10. I’m into the snippet. It’s pretty much what I’d expect from Marina though. I wish she’d release something as fresh and unexpected like Froot the single.

Maki likes this.
  11. Remember when Froot was released? A smash that deserved months of chart domination.

12. The demo of 'Soft' is beautiful

13. I’ve always enjoyed those two songs from Love + Fear.

DinahLee likes this.
  14. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

From Reddit

it looks... interesting.

Music Is Death, LPT, Jacques and 12 others like this.
  15. Why is it so crumpled??!?!? Mr Postman was not having it ñññññññ

16. This is giving me Bat For Lashes vibes and I think her doing something akin to Lost Girls could be amazing but I can't shake the feeling that she's lost it. The last thing I enjoyed her on was the Gryffin album track.

clowezra likes this.
  17. [​IMG]

18. If it follows her album pattern of timeless-basique I think we're in for a good one!

All jokes aside, I'm a bitsy worried nn. I haven't touched Love+Fear outside of three songs for a long time now.

19. If that's the single cover, it looks quite lovely. Looking forward to the song.

20. I have close to zero interest in new material from her in 2020. Prove me wrong Merna!

4Roses, Jwentz, Dijah. and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.