Marina - Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Marina - Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Butterfly, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Seeing Jenn's name has me somewhat perched. Another of these please, Jenn:

2. The title has me worried that the song is going to be in the same vein as her very thin attempts at political/social commentary...but we shall see.

Jwentz likes this.
  3. I'm fully prepared to hear something as abysmal as "To Be Human," but if it's anything as lyrically competent and sonically great like "Savages," I'll be looking at the pieces of my shredded stan card with contemplation and some clear tape.

Lander, nooniebao, Mr.Arroz and 16 others like this.

4. Ok I'm conflicted....
    edit: ok it does sound good but I want verses
    It's been posted like 40 minutes ago and didn't see it anywhere dd

5. Every Marina song kind of sounds the same, doesn't it?

Lander, Mr.Arroz, Deer Stop and 9 others like this.
  6. Mehrina carrying on down the live laugh love wine mum bullshit from the last album is it.

mayhuee, Euphoria and Lupita like this.
  7. My main complaint wasn't even the lyrics on Love + Fear, it was how it was completely devoid of her personality and production quirks. We know based on the demos that any bit of her got sanded away by the people she worked with to the point it became retail store music. I mean... the demo of You > the album version

Jacques, inevitable, Jwentz and 3 others like this.
  8. Color me intrigued

Maki likes this.
  9. Only the ones that have this damn piano chord progression.

10. ddddd I was going to say, it sounds like a Marina song...

Generic platitude about global warming + generic platitude about feminism + some piano + stacked vocals... voila!

PopHouseMusic likes this.
  11. I hate men so lemme get perched!

12. New HQ profile picture

[​IMG]

13. I'm loving this 'Greek goddess with a twist' look she's going for.

14. Yeah, the visuals looking more promising than the snippet so far. But I'll hold out and hope for the best.

I just want Radioactive 2.0 please

15. The visuals are very "Pounland Florence but in pink" but at least it's something, compared to the L+F art direction.

hermit_the_frog likes this.
  16. A Froot outtake called Saviour leaked earlier

nooniebao, Maki, Lupita and 1 other person like this.
  17. RMK

RMK

Too early to tell, but this does sound like Marina through and through. Handmade Heaven had that same vibe, and then the album was... That. Something tells me the underperformance got to her last time around, though.

This is a much quicker follow up than I expected.

Maki likes this.
  18. I am a noted Love + Fear apologist, but damn, that artwork. What a snooze.

19. FINALLY

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.