Marina - Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Marina - Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Butterfly, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Cautiously perched after seeing the artwork.

2. Saviour is a...really pretty track. The lyrics are gorgeous, it’s just the production that lets it down.

3. A man hating song???? oh no!

4. I’m loving the snippets honestly. It does found familiar, it’s giving some shades of Teen Idle in particular, but that is certainly not a bad thing in my book. We’ll see if the lyrics are decent...

5. I'm just glad there isn't another 4 year wait.

The snippet sounds OK but it doesn't really sound like she's moved on from L+F... and I say that as one of the few that didn't completely hate that album. Hopefully the full song is good.

6. I will always defend ‘Superstar’ as the strongest offering from ‘Love + Fear’.

Also, I can’t be the only person who thinks her lower register has a very similar tone to Dua Lipa. Get on a collab!

7. Superstar wasn’t my favourite but I think it’s a decent song lyrically and she sounds amazing but it wasn’t enough to salvage the production. The Acoustic version is better in my opinion.

8. [​IMG]

9. I wish Love and Fear didn't inspire so much concern over a new single. I just hope the production isn't all washed out and generic this time around.

10. From what it sounds... it's Marina on autopilot. Handmade Heaven 2 incoming!

sesita and johnny_tsunami like this.
  11. She can be on autopilot for the rest of her life and release Handmade Heaven 3 4 5 6 7 8 till infinity, I'm ok with that. Handmade Heaven is a great song, chiiiiiiiillll

12. This is a lot for a song that does very little.

Lander, nooniebao, Mr.Arroz and 18 others like this.
  13. I was about to write that I do get my white woman life to Handmade Heaven and... I realized I don't remember how it goes? Sorcery. Let me throw a stream her way.

RainOnFire, Delulu, Mr.Arroz and 7 others like this.
  14. The real magic is in the Numb/Teen Idle/Buy The Stars trilogy.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  15. Handmade Heaven remains trash, as it was on arrival.
    Like, good on her that she can sing about how pretty nature can be over an auto-pilot melody, I guess?

16. Handmade Heaven could blend in seamlessly on Froot, which is a criticism because it shows a lack of progression, but also a compliment because Froot is an amazing album.

17. Handmade Heaven already exists on Froot, it's called Solitaire.

Delulu, Lander, nooniebao and 16 others like this.
  18. Am I genuinely the only person who quite enjoyed Love + Fear? It's by no means my favorite of Marina's but not my least. But then again 2019 didn't have much in terms of great releases for me so maybe its the best of a bad bunch? Handmade Heaven is top 3 Marina for me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.