Marina - Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land | Page 55 | The Popjustice Forum

Marina - Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Butterfly, Nov 10, 2020.

1. I liked the last two songs (and the concept so far), it’s not something that excites me as much as the first 3 albums, but it’s still a new album from her. I think that this excitement for a new album by an artist just doesn't hit me as strongly these days for several reasons (maybe because i'm a adult now, we recent lived terrible moments in our lives as we know, among other things) and this may justify why I am not with such a strong excitement this time. But I am really interested in the new album, and I am happy that she is still making music regardless of so many negative reviews.

BubblegumBoy and Maki like this.

2. Honestly, I quite like it.

3. This actually sounds quite promising (although I thought that when I heard snippets of the last two songs as well ddd).

4. I love it. I think this record is gonna be good for what it is.

5. Ok this one sounds a bit huge even if it reminds me of something else\older.

6. I am choosing to not hear the lyrics and pretend it's a foreign language, so I'm actually quite happy with that snippet. The structure sounds original at least and not Spotify-playlist-ish like Love + Fear. The video looks well edited and interesting too.

sesita likes this.
  7. This sounds so good

Maki likes this.
  8. This sounds great.

myblood, 4Roses, superultra and 3 others like this.
  9. Yes, Marina using “I” again!!!!!

myblood, AllGagaLike, Pyro and 3 others like this.
  10. I mean, compared to the previous two tracks, the lyrics don’t sound too bad from what we’ve heard.

11. There's nothing wrong with the lyrics in that snippet. She's responsible for plenty of howlers in recent times but I also feel like lyrics of hers that are perfectly fine get unreasonably pounced upon and picked apart to death because of said howlers.

12. The melody feels a little clunky in that snippet. The first line sounds good but then the next part feels a bit abrupt? I'll have to wait on the full song.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  13. This sounds the most promising out of what we've heard so far, but I'm going to keep my hopes low to save myself the pain.

14. Sounds like her best song in ages

Noir, Glitterizer and stopthestatic like this.
  15. Womanizer

16. Okay wait I DO hear something!

17. i was about to post this! Bop incoming when instrumental probably.

18. It sounds good! I just hope it doesn't have a song-killing like the one about the sheik and the gay men.

19. Well this does sound promising but these lyrics are still a bit cringe.

collxtion likes this.
  20. Marina is in ha electroclash era, and I’m here for it.

tea, myblood, happiestgirl and 6 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.