Marina - Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum

Marina - Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Butterfly, Nov 10, 2020.

1. The way I ran out of oxygen while reading the last line. Perched for the mess!

Sam, Subspace88, Trinu 3.0 and 3 others like this.
  2. People have pointed out the typography she used for her name is reminiscent of the one used on the poster of Fellini's La Dolce Vita:
    [​IMG]

LPT, Andy French, Maki and 1 other person like this.
  3. Not the sultan of Brunei being referenced in a pop song! (He owns the Beverly Hills Hotel, where Marilyn’s bungalow is, and is extremely anti-LGBT, passing laws allowing stoning of LGBT people). Are those lyrics a part of the chorus or is that a verse following the chorus?

I love the fullness of the sound with the variety of instruments - definitely something lacking w the very electronic/standard production of L+F.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  4. Honestly the visuals aren’t a boring mess so far and the song sounds decent so I am cautiously approaching this with some excitement. Let’s just forget Love + Fear happened.

5. I just spat out my drink.

6. The alleged lyrics are giving me Love and Fear: Lenin's Body Reloaded The Re-Up.

OspreyQueen, Sam, Rem and 36 others like this.
  7. I-

8. [​IMG]

I have no words

9. His son was a Lamb and died last month :(

nooniebao and neinzedd like this.
  10. I've unperched.

nooniebao and lushLuck like this.
  11. Kinda shocked to discover he died? He seemed like a nice guy aka one of us

12. Now wayment... I just heard the teaser posted on IG and
    [​IMG]
    Cautiously perched. Let's hope the lyrics on the previous page are a windup.

Rem, nooniebao, Dijah. and 11 others like this.
  15. djkvgbkljdv not me googling sheik and getting

[​IMG]

queen!

16. The lyrics scream To Be Human but I don't think either song is a mile away from Savages which I don't remember causing many meltdowns.

17. Savage caused plenty of conversation, but it’s parent album isn’t awful.

18. Yeah, the snippet of "Man's World" sounds fuller compared to the cold production of "LOVE + FEAR".
    The instrumental reminds me of something from "FROOT".

19. Dddddddddd at those lyrics. I hope they're true, if only for how hilariously blunt they are.

20. This sounds and looks incredibly promising. As for the alleged lyrics...I'm gonna wait to hear them in the song if they're accurate because honestly so much of her writing looks weird as hell if you just read it dd

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.