Marina - Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land | Page 97 | The Popjustice Forum

Marina - Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Butterfly, Nov 10, 2020.

1. So she’s saying to not buy the emerald vinyl releases in fn’ February 2022?

2. This popped into my head again today. Why is this so funny.

3. The instrumental of Pink Convertible leaking before the song? I hate gays.

Amnesia, Andy French and Mikal like this.
  4. I had a big moment to New America today. The instrumental intro is such a moment. Great production.

I also love the instrumental explosion after the middle 8 of Highly Emotional People. I like that these songs have moments to breathe without vocal melodies. She should stick with the two producers from this record going forward.

Maki and enjoy like this.
  5. I appreciate this album a lot because of its maximalist production and Marina going %120 on the vocal booth.

ysev, handhugs, burnt and 7 others like this.
  6. Agreed! Her embrace of the quirkiness factor again plus the ending duo of songs has my faith greatly restored.

7. This remix transforms the song for me. The production on the original doesn't pop off like it needs to, but this goes all the way there.

8. Remixes have been the saving grace of this era. The MUNA remix of Man's World is one of my most played tracks this year, I imagine it will be in my top 5 most played in Spotify Wrapped this year.

dodoriazarbon likes this.
  9. I caved and listened to the instrumental leak. Sounds great!

10. I can’t find the post (may have been a story), but she wrote somewhere that she’s working on a deluxe edition. I’d assume that both Pink Convertible and Happy Loner would be on it.

11. She performed Purge at some fashion show in a fetching shade of lurid orange

heavymetalGAGA likes this.
  12. The absolute audacity she has of performing at a fashion show and then posting a clip that includes the line “when size 0 was the rage”. Get that coin but still throw some shade, Queen.

Island, LPT, Shuey and 2 others like this.
  13. She performed a medley of songs live for the show as the models walked - audience included Lil Kim, Kristen Chenoweth, Alicia Silverstone, Katie Holmes, Busy Philipps, Kim Petras, Slayyyter, Aquaria, and Christine Quinn from Selling Sunset, LOL. Very gay!!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
    Island, heavymetalGAGA and Mikal like this.
  14. Bubblegum Bitch is now Silver in the UK.

15. I feel like Electra Heart can't be too far from reaching Platinum, surely? The Family Jewels must also be a decent trickle seller, especially the last 12 months.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  16. Has anyone returned to this album in, say, the last month?

17. RMK

RMK

I was honestly thinking the same thing. I liked the album, but… It feels like something I’ve already forgetten.

18. Haven't returned to it since the day of release...

19. She says she's already writing the next album.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.