Marina - Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land | Page 99 | The Popjustice Forum

Marina - Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Butterfly, Nov 10, 2020.

1. It’s insane how much this album has blown up because of TikTok. Popjustice!

Jamie, upu, Dijah. and 11 others like this.
  2. This is absolutely insane. I just noticed that Bubblegum Bitch has 250 million streams on Spotify. I have no words. Finally some justice for that record. Also, get that coin, Marina!

Has any of this exposure led to any of the songs potentially charting somewhere?

upu and Txetxu like this.

3. Playing Lolla Brazil and Argentina in March!

Wishlight, Jamie, eatyourself and 2 others like this.
  4. "Highly Emotional People" remix out tomorrow.

soratami, strictmachine79 and Mikal like this.
  5. I'm guessing the deluxe will have a second disc (even if just on streaming) with all the remixes/features and the two new tracks?

soratami likes this.
  6. watch

She teased it few days ago while spending Halloween with MUNA

strictmachine79 likes this.
  7. "Happy Lover" from Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land (Deluxe) out this Friday.

I believe the Deluxe Cover leaked a few days ago but can't find it dd.

8. [​IMG]

Wishlight, Jersey, nooniebao and 13 others like this.
  9. Do we think the vinyl will be the deluxe? I can't even remember when it's out, but I know I pre-ordered it...

totalhate likes this.
  10. I don't think it will be the deluxe. Wasn't the vinyl announced months ago already? It's out in February.

11. Sorry, it was announced I just wondered whether they would switch up the tracklist as its out after the deluxe release. Maybe some wishful thinking.

12. From Apple Music, the deluxe edition adds the following tracks:

11. Happy Loner
    12. Pink Convertible
    13. Free Woman
    14. Venus Fly Trap (Demo)
    15. Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land (Demo)

Release date is January 7, 2022.

Wishlight, Daniel L, Jersey and 10 others like this.
  13. I'm surprised they're not going to tie it in with the vinyl release at the end of Feb, but then I suppose they're not worried about chart positions.

mattieh likes this.
  14. Seems a bit of an odd move to put a feature on a bunch of the album's songs, and then not include them in the deluxe. Looking forward to the three new songs though.

15. Especially as ... all these collabs really feel like a crucial part of the 'era' at this point, highlighting each song with interesting artists. A bit of a weird choice, she should at least slap them on.

soratami likes this.
  16. Happy Loner is gorgeous. A bit Marina-ballad by numbers maybe, but the production is so ethereal and her voice sounds amazing.

The lyrics can’t avoid her usual clunkiness in my opinion, but I still like them (and find them a bit relatable for the first time in ages? Oops)

17. Any news of a physical release of the deluxe?

18. Happy Loner is a nice addition to the album, but I can see why it was left off the initial tracklist. Highly Emotional People and Goodbye do the whole work better than Loner.

19. It's a bit of a double up of some of the other ballad moments for sure, but god the chorus melodies are gorgeous. I'll be using. I never enjoyed her piano ballads so much before this era.

Maybe Pink Convertible will get a bit more of a push just before the deluxe comes out?

20. I think Happy Loner is up there with my fave ballads of hers.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.