Marina And The Assorted Okay Songs - Love + Fear | Page 426 | The Popjustice Forum

Marina And The Assorted Okay Songs - Love + Fear

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Jwentz, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Only the chorus is good, the rest is pretty shit.

Raichu and flowersandu like this.
  2. There's Nothing Wrong With You is as boring and lyrically trite as most of Love and Fear.

I quite like The Art of Letting Go but it would still fall in the bottom quarter of any of her other albums.

3. I mean, the production could be improved, but I feel like the lyrics have a little bit of the old Marina charm that was missing from a lot of the songs on Love + Fear. Simple but effective rather than simple but cringeworthy and/or condescending.

Chris_P likes this.
  4. I like the production too, compared to the album. It is more propulsive.

If It's Worth It is the best thing this era. I hope she only held it back because it shows much more significant progression than everything else.

5. Y’all keep pushing this “OMG this so much better than what’s on the album” just because... they aren’t on the album. It’s like reverse demoitis or something. If these leaked songs were on the album and songs that are on the album were left unreleased but leaked y’all would be saying the same thing.

Rem, happiestgirl, LP and 15 others like this.
  6. ...Y’all hear sumn?

1991 and Sam like this.
  7. Marina and the let's just get over this era already and hope for something better the next go around

Raichu and flowersandu like this.
  8. If It's Worth It does everything the album doesn't do for me so I'd love to see how the same would work if I was listening to Orange Trees in its place. But we'll never see such a fictional scenario play out since it doesn't apply to reality. Much like demoitis.

That being said, I would concede that we are definitely trying to latch onto anything even remotely interesting after the impression that the album left as a whole, and that we would be doing the same even with songs that are actually on it. But that doesn't excuse equating our preference with desperation.

Clearly, we don't like or appreciate all songs equally, which is why some like certain songs on the album more than others, or we like some demos more than the final versions, and some unreleased songs more than certain released ones. Like, what's so hard to grasp about that.

Let people like what they like without coming up with some crap like demoitis about why they think they like something but we know better that they really don't.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
    londonrain likes this.
  9. Or... maybe they actually just prefer the songs that didn't make the album?

10. I feel like I could upload one of the album tracks in a lower quality and tell some of y’all it’s a new demo and you’d tell me it’s better than the album.

RUNAWAY, Rem, happiestgirl and 15 others like this.
  11. I've found that the majority of demos that people claim are better than the album sound like filler. This is definitely the case for these Marina demoes.

Maki likes this.
  12. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This thread title remaining unchanged while the Kacey thread title got edited - ha!

Jwentz and Subspace88 like this.
  13. I still stand by my opinions on the demos of "You," "Karma," and "Please Don't Call Me." None of you hussies can change my mind. xoxo

RUNAWAY, 1991, myblood and 7 others like this.
  14. The album is nowhere near compelling enough to seek demos.

myblood, R92, relby and 10 others like this.
  15. and yet they keep coming!

But in all seriousness, You ~demo version~ is clearly superior to whatever neutered attempt of a song she unleashed on us.

The rest? Meh.

myblood, PopHouseMusic, Maki and 3 others like this.
  16. I don’t fuck with the demos this era but I haven’t fucked that much with the album itself in the first place.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  17. A demo of Radioactive has leaked in low quality. The production is different, as are the vocals and lyrical structure. It's similar to how the Living Dead demo compares to the final version.

18. Better than anything on Love & Fear teebs.

19. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Or for repeat listens!! X

sesita, Kyle. and Sam like this.
  20. It needs a bit more work, but this is definitely a more interesting version of You. It's weird and kinda distorted, which is what this album needed more of.

lehnw01 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.