Marina and the Diamonds - Electra Heart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Marina and the Diamonds - Electra Heart (Album) & Singles

It is so harsh. Some critics feel she's sold out to be a big popstar, and maybe she has, but that doesn't mean Electra Heart is totally void of any value. It is what it is. A pop album. She wasn't trying to make Sgt Pepper or anything like that!

F

Former member 330

Who got a pre-order from Play.com with the art cards? Does it come with a little pink sticker on the slipcase or not? I've gone very anal with the packaging on this release, as I do when I love something.

The Marina & The Diamonds - Electra Heart review is appalling. 102 words which, for the majority of the "article" rant and show a clear distaste and biased opinion against female popstars is not a review. There were 36 words on the album as a whole, which is a complete joke... Whoever George Boorman is, he clearly cannot write a review to save his life. This article is a lazy attempt to discredit a musician, with no reasoning given, apart from that she is, at the age of 26, practically 30. After looking at his other reviews just now, there have been similar responses to his brief, vague reviews. Get rid of this reviewer now, he's a complete joke. In fact I could write a clearer, fairer and more detailed review myself than he has anywhere on this site in 5 fucking minutes.

I sent that as a response to their contact email haha. People like that just really irritate me!

I love how it says Marina's demise... yet this is going to chart higher than her debut. Slaying.

Edit: Anfunny, no it doesn't, sorry.

F

Former member 330

Thanks, James_B. Bummer! I can't live with it knowing it's supposed to be there and isn't. I'll buy in store instead. I will have the standard, the deluxe and the box set, plus the sampler and all the promos for Radioactive and Primadonna. I love this era!

Re: The Clash Music Review

'There is actually a song called ‘Bubblegum Bitch’ on this album. ’nuff said.'

I actually said something similar the other day to describe how amazing the album is to a friend. Oh dear.

I don't know if this was ever mentioned... but apparently Starring Role is confirmed as the next single, not sure when or where but read this on another forum. Good choice, easily one of my favourites.

I think 'Lies' should the obvious next single.

'Starring Role' does nothing for me.
Absolutely nothing.

G

Guest member

Who got a pre-order from Play.com with the art cards? Does it come with a little pink sticker on the slipcase or not? I've gone very anal with the packaging on this release, as I do when I love something.

This is the second time you're asking this and I already answered it? No, it doesn't. Not buying an album because it doesn't have a sticker on it is one of the weirdest things I've ever heard though.

F

Former member 330

Well, that aforementioned sticker on the front advertises that track so it was looking likely it would be that or Lies.

I think the shoddy reviews just goes to show that reviewing for a profession is a bit of a dying art. Nowadays we can all be published critics with the click of a button- for better or worse.

For what it's worth this is contender for album of the year (if it wasn't for Lana it'd be the only contender)

F

Former member 330

This is the second time you're asking this and I already answered it? No, it doesn't. Not buying an album because it doesn't have a sticker on it is one of the weirdest things I've ever heard though.

I didn't see your reply? I've bought the album more than once... chosing to get the album from somewhere that has the sticker on over somewhere that has a copy without is not weird at all. If you had a copy of The Beatles White Album without the sticker on the front, for example, it's a difference of about £100 in value to a collector. I'm an old-school, physical format fetishist who can't stand missing stickers, postcards, booklets or posters. Anything like that, I obsess over. It's just part of the artwork, the release. Someone at 679 desgined it to have a pink sticker on...

This album is giving me life. Through a pair of decent earphones, it's just fantastic. I just can't get over how flawless her vocal is on Lies.

G

Guest member

I didn't see your reply? I've bought the album more than once... chosing to get the album from somewhere that has the sticker on over somewhere that has a copy without is not weird at all. If you had a copy of The Beatles White Album without the sticker on the front, for example, it's a difference of about £100 in value to a collector. I'm an old-school, physical format fetishist who can't stand missing stickers, postcards, booklets or posters. Anything like that, I obsess over. It's just part of the artwork, the release. Someone at 679 desgined it to have a pink sticker on...

My previous answer can be found on page 182 but I didn't quote you because I didn't know until this morning you had to click twice to reply with a quote! I do get your point although I find it a bit frightening, but hey, each to their own. I'm jealous of whoever inherits your collection though.

More on-topic, I keep skipping "Lies" and "Valley Of The Dolls". They are the only 'meh' moments on the album for me.

S

StraightActing19

Hollywood has shot back into the top 100 - did she perform it somewhere or is it completely random?

I hope the success of this album means that she can push a few extra copies of The Family Jewels.

Hollywood has shot back into the top 100 - did she perform it somewhere or is it completely random?

I hope the success of this album means that she can push a few extra copies of The Family Jewels.

ITunes have it at number 1 on their songs for 59p deal.

RE: the track by track video, my heart was aching when Marina was talking about lies and the man that broke her heart, it was the fidgeting and playing with her arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.