Marina and the Diamonds - Electra Heart | Page 232 | The Popjustice Forum

Marina and the Diamonds - Electra Heart

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by ZacharieH, Mar 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: Marina and the Diamonds - Electra Heart (Album) & Singles

It was Theo from Hurts, hope y'all know.

2. Re: Marina and the Diamonds - Electra Heart (Album) & Singles

I cant believe the album is here! Today I brought both standard and deluxe versions as Marina's music is worth the money. 10/10 album that feels a different universe to The Family Jewels but still the brilliant, quirky Marina! I remember this time last year hoping Marina would release her sophomore album before Ellie Goulding, I love Ellie too but Marina's debut won me over in 2010. Cheers to Electra heart!

3. Re: Marina and the Diamonds - Electra Heart (Album) & Singles

Yeah I was actually gutted when I heard the rumour, apparantly he's a ladies man. I fancied him too when I saw him in Wonderful Life.

4. Re: Marina and the Diamonds - Electra Heart (Album) & Singles

The album is amazing! The campaign as a whole has been perfect, and she totally deserves a no 1 and top 10 combo this week (fingers crossed!). I'm really hoping she doesn't go with starring role as a second single though , both Lies and The State of Dreaming are much more commercial (and Lies already has an 'extended' mix for her to sell, from the sampler). Out of the "new" tracks from the album State Of Dreaming, Teen Idle and Lonely Hearts Club are easily my favorites.

5. Re: Marina and the Diamonds - Electra Heart (Album) & Singles

The reviews are awful but I'm sure Marina would agree, a #1 chart placing on Sunday would make it all worthwhile.

6. Re: Marina and the Diamonds - Electra Heart (Album) & Singles

Lies is just mind blowing
    NEEDS to be the next single.

7. Re: Marina and the Diamonds - Electra Heart (Album) & Singles

My deluxe album arrived from HMV on Monday. Marina, for reasons best known to herself, signed it as what looks like "Mum david", with a squiggle that may or may not be a heart underneath it. I'm oddly charmed by it.

I have to be honest, happy as I am to finally own it, the album isn't as amazing for me as I hoped it would be and it's actually quite upsetting after looking forward to it for so long. Bubblegum Bitch, Living Dead and Teen Idle haven't grabbed me yet, and after Hypocrates I don't really like anything, so I might end up only playing about eight songs regularly.

My standouts are Lies, Power & Control and The State of Dreaming.

8. Re: Marina and the Diamonds - Electra Heart (Album) & Singles

I must say I'm kinda surprised at the amount of backlash (especially critically), but I'd rather her (or any artist) get some very good reviews and some brutal ones over mediocre write ups any day. I suppose The Family Jewels wasn't a big critical darling either, though, but it she seems to be missing out on every "big" publication. I wonder if American critics will react differently...

Either way, this album is love.

9. Re: Marina and the Diamonds - Electra Heart (Album) & Singles

If Norah fucking Jones hits the top spot I will be devastated, wouldn't be the first time she's done this either..

10. Re: Marina and the Diamonds - Electra Heart (Album) & Singles

Quiet you!

Norah deserves it just as well!

11. Re: Marina and the Diamonds - Electra Heart (Album) & Singles

Norah Jones had her time, ten years ago. Marina is about 4,500 copies ahead of her at the moment so I wouldn't worry.

Great to see Primadonna at #10 in the midweeks too!

12. TJ

TJ

Re: Marina and the Diamonds - Electra Heart (Album) & Singles

I hope Marina can hold on.. but knowing her luck she won't!

13. Re: Marina and the Diamonds - Electra Heart (Album) & Singles

The two bonus content remixes that you get from having the CD are some sort of corrupted, which is rubbish. I can't play either of them.

14. Re: Marina and the Diamonds - Electra Heart (Album) & Singles

Also, does Hypocrates give everyone else severe 90s vibes? In a good way? Something along the lines of Unpretty-era TLC.

15. Re: Marina and the Diamonds - Electra Heart (Album) & Singles

Lana is at #2, Norah at #4 so Marina will have to make sure she doesn't get toppled by Del Rey come Sunday!

16. Re: Marina and the Diamonds - Electra Heart (Album) & Singles

Anybody else get a Hurts vibe from Lies?

Pretty ironic seeing as we are 99% sure it is about Theo from Hurts.

17. Re: Marina and the Diamonds - Electra Heart (Album) & Singles

Apparently the next single is Power And Control, released on the 9th of July. Interesting choice! One of the five that I would pick.

18. Re: Marina and the Diamonds - Electra Heart (Album) & Singles

I like Power & Control but it is not 'second' single material.

19. Re: Marina and the Diamonds - Electra Heart (Album) & Singles

Yeah, but Lana is only 800 copies ahead of Norah.

I would love for Power & Control to be the next single!

20. Re: Marina and the Diamonds - Electra Heart (Album) & Singles

'Power & Control' absolute perfect choice. Would like Marina tackle some choreography for the video. Bondage inspired video plz. -dreams-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.