Marina and the Diamonds VS Ellie Goulding // Electra Heart VS Halcyon Days Rate // WINNER | The Popjustice Forum

Marina and the Diamonds VS Ellie Goulding // Electra Heart VS Halcyon Days Rate // WINNER

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Lost Boy, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Are you ready? Here we go.

Electra Heart; a powerful and complex album from the one and only Marina and the Diamonds.
    Though often marred with an unsteady campaign, the music stands as a testament to Marina's many talents.

Halcyon Days; a groundbreaking album for Ellie Goulding, taking her to a new level of success suddenly seen with her recent single "Burn" scaling the charts. Plenty of songs of a very high standard from one single campaign, Ellie fans were definitely treated.

So which is the better album? Which gets the hearts of the listening pumping the fastest? Which gets the tears flowing the most? Which album will succeed, and then which song will take the crown?

Fan favourites such as Anything Could Happen or Primadonna could steal the crown easily, but there's only one way to find out... VOTE.

Voting can be in .0's and .5's. For example, it's obvious that Primadonna is a 9.5 and Anything Could Happen is a 9, but that's just me! I'll open the voting immediately, just send me a nice friendly PM with your scores and make sure to save it so you can look back at your scores. Voting will close on the 18th at roughly SIX PM.

[​IMG]

Electra Heart

01. Bubblegum Bitch
    02. Primadonna
    03. Lies
    04. Homewrecker
    05. Starring Role
    06. The State of Dreaming
    07. Power & Control
    08. Living Dead
    09. Teen Idle
    10. Valley of the Dolls
    11. Hypocrates
    12. Fear and Loathing
    XX. Radioactive
    XX. Sex Yeah
    XX. Lonely Hearts Club
    XX. Buy the Stars
    XX. How to Be a Heartbreaker
    XX. E.V.O.L
    XX. Just Desserts (ft. Charli XCX)
    XX. Electra Heart

[​IMG]

Halcyon

1. Don't Say a Word
    2. My Blood
    3. Anything Could Happen
    4. Only You
    5. Halcyon
    6. Figure 8
    7. Joy
    8. Hanging On
    9. Explosions
    10. I Know You Care
    11. Atlantis
    12. Dead in the Water
    XX. I Need Your Love (Calvin Harris ft Ellie Goulding)
    XX. The Ending
    XX. High for This
    XX. Hanging On (ft. Tinie Tempah version)
    XX. Ritual
    XX. In My City
    XX. Without Your Love

[​IMG]

Halcyon Days

01. Burn
    02. Goodness Gracious
    03. You My Everything
    04. Hearts Without Chains
    05. Stay Awake (With Madeon)
    06. Under Control
    07. Flashlight (With DJ Fresh)
    08. How Long Will I Love You
    XX. Tesselate
    XX. Midas Touch (Ellie Goulding x Burns)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
    Remorque likes this.
  2. Re: Marina and the Diamonds VS Ellie Goulding // Electra Heart VS Halcyon Days Rate

I feel lots of 10s coming.

3. Re: Marina and the Diamonds VS Ellie Goulding // Electra Heart VS Halcyon Days Rate

I know exactly how you feel. Two incredible albums.

4. Re: Marina and the Diamonds VS Ellie Goulding // Electra Heart VS Halcyon Days Rate

About time!

I love both albums to bits (not actually listened to Halcyon Days yet). I'd love to see Radioactive win, with Only You being the highest scoring non-single.

If Primadonna wins though..

5. ops

ops

Re: Marina and the Diamonds VS Ellie Goulding // Electra Heart VS Halcyon Days Rate

Can we get an exact date/time that votes will be closing? If you later push it back that's fine - it's just that I'm considering participating and want to see the timeline I'm working with.

6. Re: Marina and the Diamonds VS Ellie Goulding // Electra Heart VS Halcyon Days Rate

Okay, I'll give it until the 18th at Six o'clock as a solid point, ready to start for the next day.

7. Re: Marina and the Diamonds VS Ellie Goulding // Electra Heart VS Halcyon Days Rate

I'm all over this. I haven't really given Halycon Days a chance yet. and there some bonus tracks for both I'll need to check in with.

If all thing are fair, 80% of ellie's stuff should be out before we even see the first track from Marina.

Either could win and I'd be happy though.

8. A&E

A&E

Re: Marina and the Diamonds VS Ellie Goulding // Electra Heart VS Halcyon Days Rate

I'd say if "E.V.O.L." is included then perhaps "Just Desserts" should be too? It's not a necessity though.

9. Re: Marina and the Diamonds VS Ellie Goulding // Electra Heart VS Halcyon Days Rate

So here for this, I'm actually wary about my scoring... may end up too generous? eek

10. rdp

rdp

#JusticeForFigure8!!! Though there are like 10 songs that I'd be okay with winning.

And yes, Just Desserts would be a nice inclusion to even things for Marina a bit.

11. Re: Marina and the Diamonds VS Ellie Goulding // Electra Heart VS Halcyon Days Rate

This is going to be a very difficult rate. Halcyon is one of my top ten favourite albums, so it'll be interesting to see how I can rate the songs as they pertain to the album itself as opposed to in comparison to Electra Heart...

I'm excited though!

12. RJF

RJF

All of Halcyon Days out first please. The rest is outstanding pop.

13. Re: Marina and the Diamonds VS Ellie Goulding // Electra Heart VS Halcyon Days Rate

I love both albums so I definitely want to take part in that. Will be my first rate!

14. Re: Marina and the Diamonds VS Ellie Goulding // Electra Heart VS Halcyon Days Rate

The first rate I'm taking part in! Exciting. Love Halcyon and while I don't own Days yet, I have given it a lot of spins. Electra Heart is one I really need to give more time as I never really did bar a few songs, so looking forward to sitting down with it.

15. Re: Marina and the Diamonds VS Ellie Goulding // Electra Heart VS Halcyon Days Rate

I really don't want to have to listen to Halcyon Days.

16. Re: Marina and the Diamonds VS Ellie Goulding // Electra Heart VS Halcyon Days Rate

Okay, if you think Just Desserts should be included say now and I can accommodate.

Edit: I've added it, so make sure to include it guys and girls. The reasoning was they were placed under the Electra Heart label on her YouTube, so I thought it'd be stupid to dismiss them.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  17. Re: Marina and the Diamonds VS Ellie Goulding // Electra Heart VS Halcyon Days Rate

I don't even know what or who Marina Diamonds is/are, but I think I'll give it a go.

18. Re: Marina and the Diamonds VS Ellie Goulding // Electra Heart VS Halcyon Days Rate

You, my friend, are in for a treat.

19. Re: Marina and the Diamonds VS Ellie Goulding // Electra Heart VS Halcyon Days Rate

Looking forward to rating 'Electra Heart' and 'Halcyon'. 'Halcyon Days' not so much.

20. Re: Marina and the Diamonds VS Ellie Goulding // Electra Heart VS Halcyon Days Rate

I'd be happy with Power & Control sweeping this, with State of Dreaming following suit. *hint hint*

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.