Marina And The Diminishing Returns - 4th Album | Page 445 | The Popjustice Forum

Marina And The Diminishing Returns - 4th Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Jwentz, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Hmm yeah she could've kept it.

2. It's better than Love + Fear, but coming out with this the week Agnes and Dagny give the gays everything they want is very Marina. It's a shame for her.

lucasdcarvalho likes this.
  3. The post-chorus is weak but I actually really enjoy the rest.

4. I saw it twice and Enjoy Your Life went the fuck off both times, the crowd loved that one. To Be Human and Orange Trees also. It wasn't that the new material got a shrug.

Sean_ius likes this.
  5. She should have done better Clean Bandit lites at this point of her career but here we are.

flowersandu likes this.
  6. The new songs got good reactions but they definitely weren't as strong as older material is what I was saying. But there's also truth that at my show only a few L+F tracks were loved by the crowd.

flowersandu likes this.
  7. This is even too weak to put it on Love + Fear and that says a lot.

8. This is a cute soundtrack moment. I'll use, but will forget all about it in a month.

Maki likes this.
  9. I played the new song ten seconds ago but I've already forgotten how it goes.

10. I don't wanna run away so I stay

is probably her laziest attempt at filling in a blank.

A true

[​IMG]

moment

junglefish, Sam, Maki and 22 others like this.
  11. Another song that Marina's written in the aisles of T.J. Maxx HomeGoods. Why is she like this now??

junglefish, Sam, Rem and 16 others like this.
  12. Maybe she'll get her mojo back for the new album... but I'm losing hope, y'all.

13. Could she have atleast used Please Don't Call Me or uploaded I'm Not Hungry Anymore? This new song is just.. yeah.

14. It happens all the time... With every artist.

londonrain and lucasdcarvalho like this.
  15. Just have the new teach a listen, and it's frothy nothingness. But it is catchy as hell. I'll use.

Eel_Ssab and lushLuck like this.
  16. Not me spending ten minutes trying to find this because of Marina Lima. After listening to it I can safely say I put in more effort than her.

londonrain, Marquis and JASPER. like this.
  17. It's not too bad actually.
    Well below what I'd expect for Marina but had someone I had no expectations for released this I'd be satisfied.

I'm assuming it's a Love + Fear scrap so it's hard to judge whether she's aware of the mistakes made with that album.

Maki and lushLuck like this.
  18. Every time I read "It's XXXXX on Auto-Pilot" I imagine a plane hitting a mountain or a car just driving out of a bridge nn.

The song is... Love+Fear (The Scared Of Feelings Deluxe Version) but alright. I just wish she would move on from the sound. It's not... working. For me it's Electra Heart done wrong where she decided to pick cheap instrumentals and write a song just to call it "POP".

Maki, lucasdcarvalho and eatyourself like this.
  19. About Love is better than about 75% of Love+Fear

20. Well yeah I know. I said that because someone said the new songs got the warmest reactions.

Although I've found that it only happens with well-established artists; when I saw Kim Petras or Allie X the albums they were promoting got the loudest cheers but when I saw Lana Del Rey and Marina the classics were received noticeably better.

Andrew.L likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.