Marina And The Diminishing Returns - Love + Fear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminds me of the "You" demo snippets as well. This era has been the one with more outtakes so far... and none of them really INCREDIBLE. Please don't call me is great but... still...

"90's Demo" for something that sounds almost... dubstep?
I thought Freakshow invented Dubstep in 2007

edit: Oh and they leaked almost the full You demo in... discord quality. Not so cute.

I don't think the Karma '90s' demo is necessarily an improvement on the song, but it does have more personality. It's a bit more distinct and less Clean Bandit / Spotify playlist-fodder (which I don't hate anyway).

A snippet of a different version of Please Don't Call Me has leaked with the most obnoxious tag.

It sounds more Marina'd, much like the Karma '90s demo' and that You demo we have a snippet of.

All these we have new snippets of + There's Nothing Wrong With You are for sale so if we're luck there might be a mass of Marina leaks.

D

Deleted member 27323

A snippet of a different version of Please Don't Call Me has leaked with the most obnoxious tag.

It sounds more Marina'd, much like the Karma '90s demo' and that You demo we have a snippet of.

All these we have new snippets of + There's Nothing Wrong With You are for sale so if we're luck there might be a mass of Marina leaks.

This tag give me anxiety

D

Deleted member 27323

i accept that we will only get a new masterpiece only when she become single again ddd

Both the Karma + You demo's are infinitely better than what we got, or atleast they have more personality. It's clear she gave the OK last minute to have everything mixed in a Clean Bandit-lite fashion, making the album virtually faceless and rid of any Marina-isms. Makes sense when her interviews gave the vibe that she let the reigns go a little bit into the hands of others when it came to production. Compared to FROOT where she co-produced everything. Almost like she lost confidence and gave into pressure to release something instead of taking her time and coming back when she had a solid body of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.