Marina And The Diminishing Returns - Love + Fear

Status
Not open for further replies.
she/her
Price drops on the day only happen if it's selling really poorly or they're using dynamic pricing on the tour (they aren't here). At least those are the two examples I've encountered, I mean, we've had some PopJustice faves at work who have had some extremely poor sales to the point that they had to start giving away free meet and greet tickets, which were originally on sale for £120.
That's interesting. In some way I wish those practices were more common instead of completely cancelling shows. Unless they feel like they couldn't recoup the losses for the tour production and everything that goes along with it anyway?

No idea tbh, but I don't really think she can fill the Zenith.
Neither do I.

All these leaked demo's for Love + Fear are as bad as the material that made the album. The only improvements are the demo's for You and Karma, along with Please Don't Call Me.

But really though, I'm Not Hungry Anymore is still that girl. Was listening to it last night and watched a few of the live performances, whew. I really hope she seeks better collaborators next time because this album still remains one of the biggest disappointments of the year.

So girls, I've just discovered that Merna is having a gig in Paris this Friday and as my sister is visiting I'm considering going. 50 euros tho is lowkey theft considering the reviews I've seen here so my question is: is there a possibility that the tickets are gonna drop in price something like the day before the gig? Money is a dangerous thing for a gurl like me to have etc etc

If you time it right and set price alerts you can get cheap tickets, especially hours before the gig starts, I got Marina tickets for $14 here in America.

D

Deleted member 30181

I don't get the adoration for I'm Not Hungry Anymore. It's fine, but it's no Scab and Plaster.

So girls, I've just discovered that Merna is having a gig in Paris this Friday and as my sister is visiting I'm considering going. 50 euros tho is lowkey theft considering the reviews I've seen here so my question is: is there a possibility that the tickets are gonna drop in price something like the day before the gig? Money is a dangerous thing for a gurl like me to have etc etc

If you have it, I promise 50 Euros is a reasonable price for this show! Regardless of all the negative comments the latest album gets on here, the show is a great mix of old "hits" and fan favorites. It's a good time and she's as always ethereally beautiful and energetic.

I don't get the adoration for I'm Not Hungry Anymore. It's fine, but it's no Scab and Plaster.
The way she’s performing it now as a piano ballad doesn’t quite do it for me. The powerhouse of energy in the leak I think made it a crowing jewel of the Froot era. It’s a strong rejection of the sadness she’s putting behind her and the freedom which is embraced in froot.

Also a bit gagged at her calling out that it leaked and saying “don’t worry if you don’t know it” and half the room knowing the lyrics to the letter.

Last edited:
Well I thought Marina was fantastic last night. Yes you can tell the show is done on a budget and the dancers are cringe at some points. But Marinas energy and vocals is always on point!

I was kinda mad she cut I'm Not Hungry Anymore and Karma though. Not entirely sure why as she's been playing them at every other show? And of course the audience chose Oh No!

Overall it's a good night and a fun show really.

The funny thing is while we laugh at the show's budget, she's laughing all the way to the bank.

I wonder if it was a conscious decision to do it on the cheap. She surely must be grossing more than she did on the Froot tour and could well afford a much better stage? Maybe it was payback for the Marina is poor jokes.

Mess.
image0.jpg

He/him/sé/é
I unwatched this thread a while ago when the negativity was a bit too much in relation to the album. Now that some time has passed, I'll admit that it's far from her best work. Just thought I'd chime in to say I saw her live in Dublin at the end of last month. Fourth time seeing her and it was honestly just such a joy. Yes, the new stuff is still just... there. However, it translated really well to a live setting and added a bit more life to each track (except "Superstar" because there ain't no saving that shite), and you could tell she enjoyed performing them (even if the audience - at times - did not). Overall she's still an incredible artist who seems to be in a really good place in her life. I'm confident that she'll learn from this album and give us something arguably better in all regards next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.