Marina - Love + Fear (4th Album) | Page 197 | The Popjustice Forum

Marina - Love + Fear (4th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Jwentz, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Hypocrates
    I Am Not a Robot
    Oh No

ohaimanabu likes this.
  2. This, The Family Jewels is such a brilliant debut, her songwriting on that one is so sharp, so clever and very open, it's a shame it's not as revered as it should have been (I mean by the GP), I think the only song I am not very impressed by is Shampain, vocally she reminds me of Lene Lovich quite a lot.

3. RMK

RMK

I've tried many, many times to appreciate the debut, but past 'Oh No!' there isn't much.

4. Are You Satisfied? though...

Jonathan27, Cathal, Mr.Arroz and 4 others like this.
  5. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2019 at 2:00 PM
    Jonathan27, Rem, soratami and 22 others like this.
  6. Shampain and Blue are the two queens, and third is between Hollywood, Hypocrarates, Froot, and maybe even on the right day Gold.

7. TNWWY/True is a BOP and a half,from what I've heard in the snippet. I thought it'd be an emotional ballad (i remember the video she posted with her playing music in a music toy?) but it's serving Blue teas! I'm shook to the core

8. RMK

RMK

Oh No!
    Are You Satisfied?
    Hollywood

is the debut trinity.

Dijah. likes this.
  9. Teen Idle
    Lies (acoustic version)
    I'm a Ruin

All 3 are perfection.

sesita, Dijah. and iRyan like this.
  10. I love that there's so much variation among everyone's fave songs. Marina has songs for everyone, confirmed.

Rem, soratami, RMK and 14 others like this.
  11. I could never pick a top three, not even for each album. Every song is amazing in its own way~

12. Better Than That is one of my faves for the middle eight alone. A definite peak.

sugarcoma, Jwentz, Verandi and 4 others like this.
  13. Guilty and Numb are two of her best written songs and Mowgli’s Road remains a colossal high. Family Jewels is still that bitch.

Thanks.

ohaimanabu, Subspace88 and aux like this.
  14. I’m a Ruin
    Hollywood
    Teen Idle

That’s just how I’m feeling today though. It could be a different 3 tomorrow.

Sprockrooster likes this.
  15. I've never really liked this. I think it's a poor opener. Opening with Robot would have been better.

I put Obsessions as my favourite from The Family Jewels, but it does swap with Robot at times, which is equally amazing.

There are indeed loads of good songs on the debut, but there are a few stinkers as well. Stinkers that I think are worse than my least favourite tracks on the next two albums.

I do think that another issue I had with the debut is that, Hermit and Oh No aside, all the best songs had already been released before the album, so the first experience of listening was a bit anti-climactic.

It's still great though.

Cathal likes this.
  16. Seeing people listing songs I didn't include but deserve to be there just makes me realise a top 3 is pretty much impossible to do.

Rem, soratami, Sprockrooster and 12 others like this.
  17. Marina had me at full Stan mode forever with 'It's my problem if I have no friends and feel I want to die.'

eatyourself, Dijah., Jwentz and 8 others like this.
  18. I'd say

Are You Satisfied?
    Numb
    FROOT

is my holy trinity.

19. 2014

2014 Moderator

Obsessions
    The State Of Dreaming
    Blue

Easy.

aux likes this.
  20. I’m A Ruin
    Radioactive
    Numb
    Froot
    Fear and Loathing
    Sex Yeah

A top 6.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.