MARINA (& the Diamonds) - Electra Heart: Platinum Blonde Edition + General Discussion | Page 48 | The Popjustice Forum

MARINA (& the Diamonds) - Electra Heart: Platinum Blonde Edition + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Chris_P, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Cautiously optimistic but a little worried after the last album.... but boy i sure loved "Enjoy Your Life"

ohaimanabu and Mikal like this.
  2. Since I didn't see a general discussion thread....I listened to entire Marina discography on shuffle yesterday and turns out the Love + Fear songs are individually fine but for some reason it's one giant chore to listen to in one go?

Pinky25 likes this.
  3. People do way too much over Love + Fear. Yeah it's her worst album, mostly because it lacks her distinctive style, but it's still a nice listen.

mattieh, soratami, Maki and 1 other person like this.
  4. I think she just ruined it for us with the way she promoted it (apart from the few lines that people have pointed out as actually problematic). It painted her in a very negative light and left a bad aftertaste. I still feel discouraged from getting excited about what's coming next... But I'm definitely here to check it out!

He and Deleted member 27323 like this.
  5. Yeah it's nice in little bursts.

6. I'm still surprised her brain sputtered out the whole OoOOooOOOrange thing and thought it deserved to be put in a song.

But I'm here for whatever she brings cause nostalgia is a binch and she's still the artist that soundtracked half of last decade ñññ

sesita, hallkyon, Sunny B and 6 others like this.
  7. It's crazy to see songs like Bubblegum Bitch and Teen Idle have over 70 million streams?! Lies has over 50 million as well. Electra Heart was really giving the give, huh.

RUNAWAY, He, Runawaywithme and 9 others like this.
  8. I mean, it is her best album.

Jamie, Leopold, eatyourself and 3 others like this.
  9. Love + Fear is actually not that bad. It’s definitely her worst but I think it did fit her in terms of the place she is in her life.

10. Lemme still bop to "Enjoy Your Life" dddd.

LPT, flowersandu, Vixen and 6 others like this.
  11. Say it out loud.

12. There's a cute 12 track album in Love + Fear, and a solid third of it come from the cut tracks and Disconnect.

13. I mean i can only take 6 songs from this dumpster fire of a record and that is me being very generous.

14. Handmade Heaven
    Superstar
    Baby
    End of the Earth
    Emotional Machine

A cute EP.

Island, poshbabyyy, Pinky25 and 4 others like this.
  15. Too Afraid is underrated teebs. One of my favourites.

16. Signed Marina cd on offer.

Having a clear out and I found her second album which I think I got from HMV? I think it’s the the deluxe one I’m selling it very cheap if anyone here wants it

17. Electra Heart? I wouldn't mind taking it if so.

1986 likes this.
  18. It is that album but I’m in the UK so not sure how much postage would be if you’re in Canada?

19. Hmm yeah that might be tricky. Depending on what it is I'd still be willing to buy.

20. A demo of Weeds, plus two demos of Better Than That, leaked. The Weeds demo has a bunch of extra lyrics and an actual chorus, whilst the demos of Better Than That are rearranged with vastly different vocal takes.

Island and Chris_P like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.